Top tips to manage work health and safety telecommuting risks.
- Discuss equipment, hours of work, communication methods and any concerns with the arrangement.
- Discuss how scheduling breaks, daily routines and regular movement can minimise sedentary work.
- Agree how to keep in touch to minimise the impact of working in isolation.
- Use equipment and IT resources for safe and productive work.
- Use a telecommuting checklist (PDF, 144KB) for workers to self-assess their home-based work area.
- Ensure workers understand how to safely set up their workstations.
- Use a reporting process for early intervention – injuries, hazards, incidents and changes in circumstances.
- Implement a consultation, monitoring and review process.
- Encourage workers to stay connected with their colleagues through team meetings, or during their breaks e.g. have a Zoom lunch or dial-a-friend coffee break.
More information available here: https://bit.ly/2UEE2oD
More templates and factsheets are available here: www.cmsolutions.org.au/coronavirus-covid-19-information/