Broadbeach Waters Kindergarten is a not-for-profit, community-based centre situated in the heart of the Gold Coast. Established in 1967, and at its current premises since 1969, it is a well-established and highly respected centre which provides an exceptional Kindergarten program for children ages 3 to 5.
Affiliated with Lady Gowrie QLD, our centre nurtures and represents the importance of childhood, family and common goals in a community-centred environment.
The casual Administrator position we have available at Broadbeach Waters Kindy is for 18 – 20 hours a week, with the potential of permanent part-time employment. This role is covered by the Clerks Private Sector Award 2020.
This Administrative role is expansive and fundamental to the smooth running of our centre. The successful applicant will become the “face” of the kindy, welcoming and supporting parents and families. Additionally, they will administer business financial matters, monitor compliance with policy-driven legislative requirements, ensure a safe and educational environment and provide operational and strategic support to the Directors, teachers and Management Committee.
Key duties and responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Administration and Business Support:
• Manage the Kindergarten’s administrative processes with accuracy while ensuring confidentiality of all data and information.
• General administrative tasks; phone calls and email correspondence, maintain filing and records, completion of forms, ordering stationery and classroom supplies, registering and distributing mail and correspondence.
• Welcome all new families to our Kindergarten; managing enrolments, yearly waitlists, orientation processes and ongoing communication with potential families. Manage medical records and management plans of children with specific medical needs.
• Assist Directors, teaching staff and the Committee with administrative tasks to maintain the efficient operation of the Kindergarten.
• Annual support and induction of new Committee members.
• Liaise with Lady Gowrie to ensure all centre policies and procedures are implemented.
• Maintain the professional development register. Booking staff for mandatory training.
• Preparing documentation, sourcing information, attending meetings and updating records as required.
• Liaise with Co-Directors regarding property management and maintenance work.
• Assist teaching staff with National Quality Framework improvements and self-assessments.
• Knowledge of department CGB policy changes and respond to directives as needed.
• Assist with writing grants and other relevant funding applications.
• Tend to miscellaneous tasks.
Financial & Bookkeeping Support:
• Proficiency in using MYOB.
• Be responsible for administration of all financial matters in the Kindergarten under direction of the Committee including, banking, payroll, super contributions, invoicing, accounts receivable and payable.
• Ensure there are effective systems in place to reconcile, record and manage income and expenditure.
• Weekly receipting monies and banking.
• Prepare end of month and yearly financial statements for the accountant and auditor.
• Lodge quarterly Business Activity Statement & monthly Instalment Activity reports.
• Assist with QKFS & Kindy Plus funding requirements and lodgement.
• Complete annual CENSUS surveys.
• Reliable, responsible and trustworthy.
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to use initiative and judgement.
• Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness with attention to detail in the completion of tasks.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner as well as committed to working respectfully and co-operatively as an effective team member.
• Demonstrate a strong focus on customer service; build open relationships with families.
• A keen interest to work in an early childhood environment.
• Previous bookkeeping and administrative experience.
• Sound knowledge of MYOB.
• Hold, or be eligible to hold, a Blue Card.
• Must be available for immediate start!
To apply for this position:
If you believe you have the experience and skills needed for this role, please call the Kindy Management Committee TODAY on 0409 276 142 to express your interest and find out more.
Written cover letters and resumes can be emailed to email@example.comApplications close Thursday 24 June at 3pm