Western Suburbs Kindergarten (Townsville) has a rare opportunity for a passionate and visionary early childhood professional to join our Kindergarten in a Director / Nominated Supervisor role.
About the role:
- Nominated Supervisor position
- Leadership role and we are currently seeking expressions of interest and looking at all possibilities to ensure the best model moving forward into the future.
- This is not an immediate start as there will be a transition period, we are flexible with commencement date and we are happy to work with the right candidate for the best outcome for our kindy community.
- Opportunity to join an established and well respected community-based Kindergarten with an Exceeding rating
About Our Kindergarten:
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is affiliated with The Creche and Kindergarten Association Limited. At Western Suburbs Kindergarten children experience a natural play based learning environment with caring educators and staff. Western Suburbs Kindergarten has been operating for over 55 years and has achieved EXCEEDING in all seven areas of the National Quality Standards.
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is run by a parent management committee and operates as a double-unit service, catering for Kindergarten children the year prior to school. The kindergarten operates school term time only.
The Nominated Supervisor Role:
Western Suburbs Kindergarten recognises the integral role of a Nominated Supervisor/ Director within a community kindergarten setting and thus since 2015 made the decision for this role to be undertaken in a non-contact capacity and/or part time capacity. The Centre Director/Nominated Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the service and leadership of the staffing team and will lead and manage the day-today-operation of the service. The Centre Director/Nominated Supervisor will lead the service in building effective partnerships, developing organisational culture and pedagogical and curricular development. This role reports directly to the Management Committee.
Western Suburbs Kindergarten has long term staff with combined service of over 120 years. The position has only become available due to current nominated supervisor relocating with family, hence the Management Committee has commenced the process and eager to hear from interested parties and what they may have to offer our kindergarten so we can decide on the best model moving forward. The current staff member works as Teacher/Director 52.5hrs per fortnight (0.5 teacher and balance off the floor director). It is not essential the replacement staff member follows this exact model; we are open to working with the most suitable candidate to create the best model. All expressions of interests and inquiries will be treated with the upmost confidence.
For this position we are looking for a visionary leader who is passionate about the Kindergarten year and early childhood education. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate their leadership qualities and ability to develop strong connections with the local community, families, children and colleagues. You will be well versed in your understanding of the EYLF, QKLG & NQF as well as have sound knowledge and understanding of the National Law & Regulations.
The successful candidate will be passionate about play based learning and have a sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary early childhood development and best practice. You will be committed to ongoing professional development and a demonstrated capacity to work alongside colleagues to continually improve and refine teaching and learning practices. The successful candidate will have demonstrated high level written and verbal communication skills and high level interpersonal skills, including a capacity to develop constructive and respectful relationships with children, parents and other staff. They will also encompass excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
We are looking for an applicant who has:
- Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification (other ACECQA approved qualifications considered for the right candidate).
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually
- A current Blue Card or Exemption Card
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience leading an early childhood team or working within a community kindergarten setting
- Availability for staff meetings, committee meetings and community events/ fundraising
The remuneration package will be in accordance with the Western Suburb Kindergarten’s Enterprise Agreement.
If you are interested in expressing your interest or being part of the leadership team moving forward please contact our President Jono Pearson via email email@example.com