Part- time position for an Operations Manager
Coolum State High School P & C Association.
24 hours per week (School Term time only). Initial 6-month contract, with opportunity to renew, for the right candidate.
This role is designed to work collaboratively with a P&C volunteer committee and operates during school term time only. The role is designed to alleviate the administrative tasks on volunteers in managing a business as well as assisting the committee to broaden its options as to how it can offer back to the school and community it supports.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Intermediate Microsoft office knowledge, Spreadsheets, Word processing
- Experience in managing time sheets and payroll (XERO)
- Barista training (or willing to be, upon appointment)
- A current Blue Card (or be willing to obtain one, upon appointment)
- Experience/ qualification in HR or similar.
- Experience the food service industry (preferred, but not essential)
Some key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the payroll system and uploading all relevant documents.
- Build knowledge of the P and C organisation’s objectives for the purposes of assisting in developing policy/ new products and services to meet the changing needs of the Coolum State High School community.
- Prepare internal reports for P and C management in any of the following areas:
- legislative requirements
- other significant activities/operations.
- Assist the P and C perform a broad range of executive support functions with minimal direction or supervision
- Assist in sourcing and writing grant applications for targeted school resources
- Research other potential revenue ventures, including fundraising options and sponsorship for the school
- Marketing the P and C and its activities, including volunteer drives and retention of this valuable resource
- Managing the social media presence of the organisation in the local community and on the school website/ Facebook/newsletter
- Ensure the P.O.S system is being used correctly, daily and any issues are efficiently dealt with.
- Assist to bank and count monies daily in the main business of the P and C committee
- Order stock and maintain stock levels to the required level.
- Oversee everyday workplace health and safety as per Education Queensland guidelines.
- Complete and maintain data entry relevant to sales and stock.
- Assist with budget development and forecasting.
- Liaise with parents, staff, students, volunteers, and other community stakeholders as necessary
- Help develop menus that balance nutrition and profit
- Provide regular feedback to the P and C committee on the business operations and ways to improve the bottom line
- Assist in the appraisal, recruitment, and selection of lower classified employees and /or volunteers.
To apply, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.