Tuckshop Retail Assistant
Ferny Grove State School Parents and Citizens Association
Ferny Grove State School Parents and Citizens Association is seeking a self-motivated and reliable person for the position of Permanent Part Time Tuckshop Retail Assistant.
You will need to be energetic and keen to join a small team of P&C staff and volunteers to deliver nutritious food to the students and staff of the Ferny Grove State School.
In summary your duties will include:
- Responsible for carrying out safe preparation of food according to our allergy register and the Smart Choices healthy food and drink strategy
- Cooking in bulk quantities and portion control
- Manage online ordering system, sales and cash handling
- Stock rotation and maintenance. Including receiving, storing, handling and signing for receipt of deliveries.
- Cleaning and maintenance of the kitchen to a high standard
- Assist in the supervision and liaising with parent volunteers
- Customer service and engaging with the students, parents and staff
- Other duties as delegated by our Retail Manager Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, independently and with limited supervision
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional presentation at all times
- A strong cooking and food background
- Demonstrated organisational skills
- Demonstrated understanding of workplace, health and safety concepts
- A Food Safety Certificate 1 and 2 (or be willing to obtain one at own expense)
- A Blue Card (or be willing to obtain one at own expense)
- A flexible attitude to their work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in engaging with students of various ages with respect and patience
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft office 365, EFTPOS and online ordering processes.
Wages and conditions are subject to the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2016 (Retail Assistant). Hours to be agreed between 8-15 per week during the school term plus additional hours as required.