The Range Community Kindergarten is located in Mapleton, Sunshine Coast. We are a single until Centre catering for two groups of 20 children aged 3.5 to 5 years old. We offer two 5-day fortnight groups, operating on Monday Tuesday/Alternate Wednesday and Alternate Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
The Administrative Assistant at The Range Community Kindergarten is pivotal to the smooth running of our Centre. The role is responsible for ensuring that the Centre’s administration is conducted in a compliant and efficient manner.
The position reports to the President of the Management Committee in conjunction with the Director and Bookkeeper and performs all administrative functions of the Kindergarten.
Other key relationships include with teaching staff, parents and the Gowrie early childhood consultant.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties and responsibilities required of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform general administrative duties including filing and records management, completion of forms, ordering stock and supplies, registering and distributing mail and correspondence.
- Operating office equipment including computer (Windows 8 Operating System), telephone, fax and photocopier.
- Manage own workflow efficiently, negotiating priorities for deadlines where appropriate. Perform duties within Centre guidelines and procedures, continually seeking improvements in the way in which work is performed.
- Provide courteous, efficient and timely customer service to internal and external families and clients.
- Respond appropriately to enquiries, ensuring that correspondence and enquiries are handled promptly.
- Receipt cash received and maintain the Centre’s petty cash
- Be the first point of contact for prospective families for our Centre and maintain the Centre’s Wait List.
- Manage all current and future enrolments
- Keep information that is displayed around the Centre up to date and relevant
- Assist with the preparation of AGM documents and relevant transition documents.
- Prepare, lodge and manage any committee documentation and update relevant bodies on any changes throughout the year
- Gain a good working knowledge of the Centre and Gowrie Policies
- Complete Monthly and Quarterly reports as required by our governing body.
- Report and liaise with the Management Committee, Director and Bookkeeper on a regular basis.
- Work closely and in conjunction with our Centre’s employed bookkeeper to ensure all invoices and wages are processed on time
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated skills in office procedures and general administrative requirements in a busy office.
- Good interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Demonstrated typing skills – reasonable speed and a high level of accuracy.
- Proficient in the use of the Internet, including the ability to research information.
- Previous administrative experience in a support role.
- Ability to use initiative and judgement.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach to work.
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely and thorough manner and follow directions as required by supervisors.
- Have strong organizational skills, able to work independently and prioritize your daily work schedule.
- Ability to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
This role is covered by the conditions outlined in your letter of appointment and is covered by the Clerks Private Sector Award.
It is anticipated that this position is for a minimum of three hours per week during school terms. It should also be noted that some work is required during holiday periods, for example, you will continue to be required to collect and open incoming mail, and record and distribute it to relevant persons.
Additional hours may be required due to busier times so flexibility is paramount.
Estimated start date would be 2nd March 2020.
Expressions of interest should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephoning between 9am and 2pm on 5445 7515.
Deadline for expressions of interest is 14th February.