Ferny Grove State School P&C Association are looking for a passionate Uniform Convenor to join the team in 2022 to continue to provide quality uniform supplies for our school community.
About the Role:
- Casual role with potential advancement for the right person.
- Looking to commence no later than the 10th Jan 2022.
About Ferny Grove State School P&C Association
Ferny Grove State School is a well-established school with over 800 students. Our school offers some unique opportunities for its students in addition to the regular curriculum focused education programs.
The Ferny Grove State School community including staff, parents, carers and volunteers are committed to the “Everyone Belongs” school ethos which is embedded into everything we do.
Our P&C proudly provides funding back to the school to support kitchen garden and lessons in the gardens initiatives, instrumental music, sports equipment, IT equipment, library books, Prep learning resources, an extra-curricular performing arts program and more. The Ferny Grove State School P&C Association, through the provision of our Uniform & Stationery Store, Tuckshop and Coffee Cart, are committed to ensuring that our children can continue receiving the best resources and opportunities available to them.
As the Uniform Convenor you will become a part of a welcoming community, which values and supports the P&C Association. You will manage the operations of the Uniform Shop in accordance with standards and policies.
For this position, we are looking for an experienced self-starter with a drive to deliver great service. You must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational and retail aspects of the service and the right candidate should be able to demonstrate leadership qualities and develop connections with the local community, children and colleagues.
Ideal applicants will have :
- Experience in retail and stock management is preferred.
- Ability to be flexible with work hours, in particular during peak periods is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate, solve problems and obtain agreed business viability outcomes.
- Strong computing skills including EFTPOS and familiarity with printing, scanning and basic troubleshooting.
- Previous experience with Vend, Flexischools, Outlook and OneDrive would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff and volunteer training and management.
- Previous experience in a school environment would be highly regarded.
- A current Blue Card or exemption or be willing to obtain prior to commencement is essential.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma would be beneficial.
- Eligibility to work in Australia.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.