Stafford Heights Kindergarten (SHK) is seeking a passionate candidate to join our dynamic team as co-ordinator of the Outside Hours Care Program.
As a non-for-profit community organisation affiliated with Lady Gowrie Queensland, SHK holds a significant presence in the Stafford Heights community and has done so for over the past 50 years. SHK reflects this meaningful history with its unique single unit premise, community centric ethos and communal gardens. The contemporary learning expertise of our dedicated team ensures children receive the richest possible learning opportunities.
Stafford Heights Kindergarten is looking for an educator who is:
- open to new learning
- knowledgeable about the National Quality Framework
- familiar with digital technology
- wanting to work with a team who engage in continuous professional growth
We have a role available for up to 15 hours per week over 3 days.
- Permanent part time contract positions available
- Above award hourly rates
- Work hours range from 1.30pm to 6pm
- 3 days per week (Monday – Wednesday)
- Working with 3-5-year old children
- Reporting to Director / Nominated Supervisor
Benefits and perks
This role is perfect for anyone currently looking to expand their knowledge and experience within a quality community Kindergarten. The hours of work make it ideal for students currently studying their Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.
- Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (or equivalent qualification)
- An ability to drive and implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met
- An ability to document and assess children’s learning and development
- Maintain and demonstrate current working knowledge and theories relevant to early childhood education
- Demonstrated understanding of the provision of a safe, engaging, well planned indoor and outdoor learning environment
Relationships with children:
- Demonstrated experience in providing practical guidance and interaction that ensures quality outcomes for children
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining positive relationships with families that supports each child’s needs
Evidence of experience that shows:
- Initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives and managing health and safety risks;
- Models professional and ethical behaviour;
- Commits to professional development; and
- Displays courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
Please send applications to Emma Keene (Stafford Heights Kindergarten Director / Nominated Supervisor) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please call 07 3359 7923 with questions. Applications close Friday the 5th of February 2021.