The Oakleigh State School P&C Association is seeking a full-time Coordinator to be responsible for the day to day operations of their Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) service.
Our OSHC service has been under the operation of the Oakleigh State School P&C since 1990. We are licensed to 105 children and run a Before and After school care program throughout the school terms, as well as Vacation care and public holiday programs throughout the year. We operate from 6:30-9:00am and 2:00-6:00pm Monday to Friday. Our team prides itself on creating a positive, inclusive and proactive environment where children and adults from every race, background and status feel welcomed and supported.
What are we looking for?
The P&C is seeking a person who has sound management skills and ability. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is business orientated and community-minded who has the ability to work autonomously. Applicants must be dedicated to creating a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for primary school age children. The ideal candidate will oversee the design and implementation of engaging programs that encourage and support positive outcomes for all children aligned to ‘My Time, Our Place’ Framework for School Age Care.
Our team works collaboratively with one another to ensure the Centre provides a safe and ultimately fun environment for the children in our care. Teamwork is a massive priority to us at Oakleigh OSHC, and as such we are only looking for applicants that are able to work as one inclusive team, whilst still having the skills to maintain order and oversee responsibilities. Our team is comprised of many different individuals, each with their own unique talents, strengths and views.
As one of the declared Nominated Supervisor, this role encompasses many aspects, including the day to day operations of the service, administration, human resource management, compliance management including policies and procedures, risk minimization, quality improvement planning, family and community engagement, management of financial matters within P&C approved budgets, liaising with key stakeholders and effective, regular reporting to the P&C Operations Manager.
• A minimum of 3 years experience as a Director/Coordinator or equivalent position, with a strong preference for experience operating a large community-owned OSHC service
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and be across all facets of the service.
• Proven ability to build and maintain supportive and trusting relationships with children and families
• A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively facilitate teamwork, conflict resolution and support the development of others whilst working cohesively with all Educators and Staff
• Demonstrated ability to oversee program planning including design, delivery and evaluation
• Demonstrated ability to drive quality improvement and business outcomes
Applicants must have a strong knowledge and understanding of the Legislation relating to Education and Care
Services, National Quality Standards and Child Care Subsidy (CCS).
To be successful in this role you must hold:
• A minimum Diploma of Children’s Services or relevant higher qualification
• Working with Children Check – Blue Card
• Senior first aid including CPR, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis training
Hours, Conditions & Award:
This is a Full-Time position with 38 hours per week. Remuneration will be as per the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2019.
How to apply:
Please forward a current resume, with at least 2 employment referees and a letter of application addressing the
selection criteria to Mandy van Deventer P&C Operations Manager at email@example.com
If you would like to discuss this position in further detail please contact Mandy van Deventer P&C Operations Manager
We look forward to hearing from you