Full time position for a Director
Dalby Daycare Centre, Dalby
Applications close: Monday,14th of September 2020
About the Role:
- Permanent, full time Director
- The role is also the Nominated Supervisor
- 76 hours a fortnight this is negotiable for the right applicant
- Relocation incentives are negotiable for the appropriate applicant
- Opportunity to join a community based Daycare
A position is available for a qualified ambitious Director to join the team at Dalby Daycare Centre, Dalby. As the Director you will be a part of a welcoming community, which values and supports the Daycare. You will be responsible for managing the operations of the Daycare in accordance with standards and policies.
About the Opportunity
Dalby Daycare Centre was established in 1961 and is the longest established long Daycare in Dalby. We pride ourselves on our reputation of running a hygienic COVID safe, efficient and family orientated facility.
There are 4 groups currently operational in the Centre:
- Lillypilly Group- 6 weeks to 2 years
- Bluebell Group – 15 months to 2 ½ years
- Rose Group – 2 ½ to 3 ½ years;
- Jacaranda Group – 3 – 5 years
We provide high quality care and educational programs for children aged from 6 weeks to 5 years.
The centre is affiliated with a C and K Kindergarten which is attached but is managed separately by a Director/teacher and will not be a part of your day to day duties, however we do offer a kindergarten program within our centre also. This is our jacaranda room and will be a part of your management duties.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. While previous experience as a Director is desirable, we are keen to hear from people who are wanting to take the next step in their careers. We are looking for people who are enthusiastic and ambitious, someone wanting to develop their skills and prepared to work hard to progress our centre into the modern future. You must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service, whilst being approachable, demonstrating leadership qualities and having the ability to connect with the local community, families, children and colleagues.
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Ideal applicants will have:
- holds a relevant Degree or a 3 or 4 year Early Childhood Education qualification, or an AQF Advanced Diploma, or a Diploma in Children’s Services, or holding such qualifications deemed by the employer or the relevant legislation to be appropriate or required for the position, and who is appointed as the director of a service
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal, mentoring and management. Weekly Rostering, Arrange advertisements for educator vacancies
- Manage Enrolments and orientation processes in accordance to all regulations.
- Ability to plan and implement policies, procedures and a quality, child focused educational program.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and privacy when dealing with families, educators and management committee members.
- Maintain regular liaison with the executive Management Committee members in regards to all concerns/ issues with management implications.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment. (please note: After the 31st of August 2020 you are required to hold a blue card before you can start work).
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (please apply through Seek)