Full-time position for an experienced Director-Teacher
Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten
Attractive Salary, allowances and incentives
About the role:
- Rated Exceeding in the National Quality Standard
- Full-time Director-Teacher role
- Very Attractive Salary plus Superannuation, plus allowances, plus incentives
- Above Rates
- Salary Sacrificing Options
- 75 hours a fortnight, immediate commencement or by negotiation
- Opportunity to join a community-based kindergarten with two classes
- Friendly Caring Committee
- Sign-On Bonus
For the right Candidate $100,000 to $120,000 per annum
A position is available for a qualified Director-Teacher to join Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten.
As the Director-Teacher, you will be a part of a close-knit affiliate kindergarten in the leafy suburb of Tarragindi, in Brisbane’s inner south. Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten is a welcoming community that fosters a love of play-based learning.
You will be responsible for managing the operations of the kindergarten service in accordance with standards and policies and with the support of the staff and management committee.
About Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten
Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten prides itself on the strong relationships we have formed with families in the area and works to incorporate this into all facets of our service.
An Affiliate Member of C&K, Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten provides high-quality play-based educational experiences through the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Children are supported to express themselves freely as they learn, grow and develop at their own pace through play and hands-on experiences, within a safe environment.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. Previous experience as a Director-Teacher is essential. You must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service with a high level of professionalism. We are also seeking a Director-Teacher who has excellent interpersonal skills, is highly approachable, demonstrates leadership qualities and can form strong connections with the families, children, staff and the wider community.
As the Teacher, you will have a passion for play-based learning and nature play, given the beautiful bush surrounds we enjoy and the reputation our Kindergarten holds as a relaxed, fun-loving place for children to learn and grow.
You will also have an ability to monitor, document and extend children’s learning and development, working closely with Educators to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reflective practice.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification.
- Recent Experience as a Director
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, child-focused educational program.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment.
For further information please contact us at Jamieb@cmsolutions.org.au
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.