Western Suburbs Kindergarten (Townsville) has a rare opportunity for a passionate and visionary early childhood professional to join our Kindergarten in an Early Childhood Assistant Educator role.
About the role:
- Assistant Educator role
- Fixed term contract with a possibility of extension as an Assistant Educator from Term 1 2023
- Full-time position in the short day program, 8:30am to 2:40pm with staff work hours of 7:54am to 3:30pm, conducting a five days a fortnight program for two groups (part-time employment will be considered for the right candidate)
- Remuneration will be in accordance with the Western Suburbs Kindergarten’s Enterprise Agreement
About Our Kindergarten:
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is affiliated with The Crèche and Kindergarten Association Limited. At Western Suburbs Kindergarten children experience a natural play-based learning environment with caring educators and staff. Western Suburbs Kindergarten has been operating for over 55 years and has achieved EXCEEDING in all seven areas of the National Quality Standards.
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is run by a parent management committee and operates as a double-unit service, catering for Kindergarten children the year prior to school. The kindergarten operates school term time only. Western Suburbs Kindergarten has had long term staff with a combined service of 125 years. This assistant educator position has only become available due to
current staff retiring, hence the Management Committee has commenced the recruitment process and are eager to hear from interested parties and what they may have to offer our Kindergarten. This is a rare and great opportunity to become part of our dedicated team.
The successful candidate will be passionate about play based learning and have a sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary early childhood development and best practice. You will be committed to ongoing professional development and demonstrate a capacity to work alongside colleagues to continually improve and refine teaching and learning practices.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills, working to develop constructive and respectful relationships with children, parents, and other staff. You will be working collaboratively with the teacher; which will include implementing the planned program and also documenting observations of the children’s behaviour and development through learning stories.
We are looking for someone who will treat all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child’s unique family and background, while maintaining an environment that is respectful of child and family cultures, values, and differences.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care or higher
- A current and valid Blue Card/Blue Card Exemption
- National Police Check issued within the last 3 months (or willing to obtain one)
- Current First Aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards (“NQF” and “NQS”), and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to become a part of our team, please contact our President Meagan Middleton via email at the following address firstname.lastname@example.org