Drought Angels provides a unique service for which it is has become well known within the rural sector. Drought Angels is a small charity run by big hearts, who offer a listening ear, a warm hug and personalised support given to each family. We like to tell our farmers that this is not a handout but a Thank You. “Thank you for all you do to put the food on our tables because without you we would all go hungry”.
Through direct personal contact with the farmers, Drought Angels have earned a reputation for providing personalised, heartfelt and discreet assistance. We help those who would not normally reach out but prefer to battle it alone, which can lead to severe depression and in some cases suicide. One-on-one support aides in ‘breaking down the barriers of a proud demographic who quite often have never received a hand up. They can be the first generation of many who have to contemplate walking off the land and selling bloodlines that have taken years to build up. These are the people of most concern and often forgotten.
As a Team member of Drought Angels, you will have access to salary sacrificing options and 1 extra RDO a month
The Events Coordinator will need to be a high-energy all-rounder, with great interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail, able to juggle a range of tasks to assist in delivering quality events and to manage and support the sale of Drought Angels merchandise
The role is based at the New Brisbane Office in Virginia Queensland and will require regular travel to events within Queensland and interstate whilst required to tow a Drought Angels merchandise trailer.
Working as part of a small team, the position will plan, manage and execute the logistical requirements for events and merchandise sales. These events will also require fund-raising and marketing/ social media coordination.
The role is also responsible for but not limited to:
- Overall supporting and executing the events strategy in line with the Drought Angels strategic plan.
- Roll out, logistics, management and evaluation of allocated specialty events and merchandise.
- Event and campaign budgeting, as well as financial management (including cash handling) of events.
- Production of participant experience and logistical communications.
- Supporting community and corporate fundraisers own activities.
- Proactively engaging and attracting key event stakeholders and volunteers with the goal of increasing participant retention and creating an excellent on-event experience.
- Providing effective communication channels with internal and external stakeholders – especially social media channels.
- Eye-catching visual merchandising at events
- Assisting third party fundraisers to grow their fundraising contribution, recognising and building on opportunities to generate income.
- Demonstrated working experience (at least 2 years) in event management
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to plan, prioritise and meet project timeframes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe creative suite
- Strong ability in Public Speaking
- Budget and Data Management experience
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Work well within a small team environment
- Current Driver’s Licence
To apply for this role, please complete the online application form, attach a copy of your CV and a cover letter addressing each of the below selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in the development of marketing collateral
- Demonstrated experience in creating and maintaining website and social media content
- Excellent interpersonal skills: a proven ability to network and build solid working relationships
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven experience in event coordination and/or project management
- Excellent written and oral communication as well as a demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence effectively
- Ability to work without direct supervision in a small office environment
If you are passionate about what you do, committed to making a difference and this sounds like your next role, please apply today!
Closing date for applications: 13 July 2021
Please note that we reserve the right to close the applications immediately upon receipt of an appropriate candidates application