Full time position for a Director-Teacher
Weipa Early Childhood Education Association Inc
Applications close: COB Friday 3rd September 2021
Very Attractive Salary, allowances and incentives
About the Role:
- Permanent, full time Director-Teacher role
- Attractive Salary, plus Superannuation, plus incentives
- 75 hours per fortnight, to commence as early as Term 4
- Relocation assistance and discounted rent provided for
- Opportunity to join an established community-based Kindergarten with multiple Kindergarten groups.
A position is available for a qualified Director-Teacher to join the team at Weipa Early Childhood Education Association.
As the Director-Teacher you will be a part of a welcoming community, which values and supports the Kindergarten. You will be responsible for managing the operations of the Kindergarten service in accordance with standards and policies.
About Weipa Early Childhood Education Association
Weipa Early Childhood Education Association also known as C&K Weipa Community Kindergarten, is a friendly community and their staff pride themselves in their relationships with friends and the Community, as well as their connection to the natural environment and reputation of being a place where everyone belongs.
An Affiliate Member of C&K, Weipa Early Childhood Education Association provides high quality educational experiences through the implementation of Listening and Learning Together, which aligns with both the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Children are supported to express themselves freely as they learn, grow and develop at their own pace through play and hands on experiences, within a safe environment.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. Previous experience as a Director-Teacher is desirable and you must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service, whilst being approachable, demonstrating leadership qualities and having the ability to connect with the local community, families, children and colleagues.
As the Teacher, you will have an ability to monitor, document and extend children’s learning and development, working closely with Educators to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reflective practice.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, child focused educational program.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.