Director Teacher | Part-time |
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten
An opening now exists for a dedicated Early Childhood professional to join the Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten as the Director/Teacher in a part time permanent position.
Chelmer Station Community Kindergarten is a single unit, community based not-for-profit Early Education Centre. Located in the heart of Chelmer, the Community Kindergarten is affiliated with Lady Gowrie (QLD).
We are seeking a motivated, highly organised and experienced Director/ Teacher who is eager to take on the exciting challenge of leading and working with the Chelmer Station Staff teams, Families, Children and Parent Committee. This position is 46 hours per fortnight teaching across Monday and Tuesday with 5 hours administration time allocated each Wednesday. The successful applicant will be proficient at balancing the educational roles with that of business management and improvement.
Applicants need to hold a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), current QLD Teachers Registration, hold a positive Notice Blue Card/Exemption Card, current first aid and resuscitation certificates (Including certification in emergency Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management). Additional qualifications/training in the areas of management/office/financial/digital skills would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will have experience in a similar or leadership role, ideally with a Community Kindergarten. Experience working in and managing an environment that supports additional needs students also an advantage.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership capability in an Nominated Supervisor/Teacher role – providing vison, strategic direction and planning for the kindergarten program according to the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline and Early Years Learning Framework and play based program for children
- Demonstrated leadership capability in a Nominated Supervisor role – must be able to work with management committee to ensure cost effective service provision and the best investment of available resources
- Demonstrated understanding of the implementation of the National Quality Framework including legislation and implementation of National Quality Standards, Service policies and procedures. Experience in leading a service team through the Assessment and Rating Process and ongoing Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills with a high-level ability to build and maintain effective relationships with management, staff/volunteers/committee members and families.
- High level written communication skills; emails to families/community, plans, management reports, social media news, newsletters grant funding submissions
- Highly developed time management, organisational and prioritising skills
- Demonstrated digital literacy across software and equipment; including but not limited to: email, social media, office software, accounting software and internet sites/programs and associated technology
- Experience managing budgets and basic financial management
To apply for this opportunity, please email your resume and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wages and conditions will be subject to Award Conditions and experience.
Applications close: 5:00pm Friday 20th November 2020.
Seek Ad: https://www.seek.com.au/job/50823033