Part-time Kindergarten Teacher
Highfields and District Kindergarten
About Highfields & District Kindergarten – “Where Children Come First”
Highfields & District Kindergarten is a not for profit community Kindergarten, affiliated with C&K (The Creche & Kindergarten Association Ltd). In 2021 we celebrate 31 years of education and believe in a child focussed and child driven program and the vital importance of learning through play. Taking into account children’s unique interests and emerging capabilities, we provide fun opportunities for developing minds to thrive in a playful and engaging environment geared to the individual child’s needs.
Our highly esteemed centre has been built on family values which greatly influence our philosophy. Close, considerate and genuine relationships between families and staff are regarded as paramount to ensure the best possible learning environment for young children.
Highfields & District Kindergarten is a special place, with aesthetically pleasing learning environments both inside and outside, inspiring adventure and investigation. Staff go above and beyond in their roles as dedicated, nurturing and enthusiastic professionals with a wealth of experience and we invite you to join a long standing culture of support within the workplace. We provide a work environment where our people feel engaged, valued and encouraged as members of the team.
About the Role
We have a very rare and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic, and passionate person to join the team as a part time Teacher (5-day fortnight – alternate Wednesdays and every Thursday and Friday for excellent work-life balance. Your days will be filled with the wonder and adventure of childhood as you work with children in the 3-5 year age group.
Our ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent
- Recent work experience with 3–5 year old children
- Current Positive Notice Blue Card
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- An ability to work as an effective team member
- Well-developed interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- A sound understanding of theories of early childhood development
- A strong desire to provide the delivery of a high quality, inclusive and educational program, providing each child with a secure nurturing environment.
- A positive attitude of acceptance and respect and ability to demonstrate empathy for the individual needs and desires of each child and their families.
Don’t wait, an opportunity to join this outstanding team doesn’t come around often. Apply today.
For a full Position Description and more information please contact us at email@example.com