Part Time Permanent Position: Kindergarten Teacher
The Range Community Kindergarten
Applications close: 14th October 2023
Looking to join a well established and highly regarded community kindergarten?
The Range Community Kindergarten, located in Mapleton, servicing the local and surrounding
communities, is recruiting a Kindergarten Teacher to join our fabulous team!
About the Role:
• Permanent part time role
• 41hrs per fortnight commencing in January.
• Great professional development opportunities
• Opportunity to join a community based Kindergarten, with one group of 27 children
o Group A: Monday, Tuesday, alternate Wednesday
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and highly motivated experienced Teacher to join The Range Community Kindergarten located at 64 Flaxton Drive, Mapleton, Qld.
About The Range Community Kindergarten
The Range Community Kindergarten is an integral component of the local and wider communities
surrounding Mapleton. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we have formed with families
in the area and work to incorporate these relationships into all facets of the service.
An Affiliate Member of Lady Gowrie provides high quality educational experiences through the
implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten
Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Children are supported to express themselves freely as they learn, grow
and develop at their own pace through play and hands on experiences, within a safe environment.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education
and who is experienced in delivering an approved QLD govt kindergarten program preferably at a
community kindergarten. Highly professional and skilled in engaging with families/carers whilst
fostering strong relationships. You must be experienced in developing and delivering structured
program planning, assessment and planning outcomes, development of transitions statements and
all other aspects of teaching.
Start date: January 2024
Key Selection Criteria
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to relate to kindergarten aged children
whilst also being able to effectively engage with families and carers alike;
• High level of written and oral communication skill which reflect a professional approach in all circumstances;
• Demonstrated leadership ability with small groups and small teams;
• Proven ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions;
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the (EYLF), (NQF) and the Education and Care Law
• Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement a high quality, educational and child centred program.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To plan for and maintain open communication with and supervision of all children,
families/carers and staff in the centre.
• To facilitate the provision of a high quality children’s service which aims to promote the
objectives and goals of the centre.
• To fulfil teaching duties within the centre.
• To be responsible for all matters relating to the administration of policies and procedures
of the Centre (eg: operating within the relevant policies and procedures).
• Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or Equivalent
• Must have Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR.
• Must have blue suitability card.
All applicants are asked to address each of the Key Selection Criteria in their response which should
be no longer than a 2 page A4 cover letter. The successful applicant will be based at The Range
Community Kindergarten located at 64 Flaxton Drive, Mapleton, Qld. Wages and conditions will be
subject to our current Enterprise Agreement and the Award. Applications are required by close of
business 14th October, 2023 and should be addressed to: Brooklyn Coyle, President, on behalf of the
committee via email at email@example.com