About the business
EJ Kids Care provides before and after school childcare and vacation care services to primary school-age children (5 – 12 years) and is based in Clayfield, Brisbane. The Centre is managed by the Eagle Junction State School Parents and Citizens Association and is licensed to take 210 children. We are a large, vibrant, happy centre offering exceptional education and care programs with a child centred approach.
We are looking for an experienced Kitchen Coordinator who is passionate about creating delicious and nutritious meals for healthy school-aged children. This role requires a passion for food and cooking, experience in managing a food budget and a get-up-and-go attitude. During your day, you will be responsible for planning and implementing your menu in accordance with dietary guidelines (Smart Choices), cooking afternoon tea that caters for 210 children, manage and refresh stock as necessary, and support our team through management of food-related information.
This position is for someone who wants to use their hospitality experience in a balanced work-life role. NO weekends and NO late nights while also affording you the liberty of permanent part-time hours. You will have a passion for sustainability and locally sourced produce. You may possibly even possess a green thumb!
This position is being offered at 30 hours per week (Monday to Friday 11am – 5:30pm) in a permanent part-time capacity, with the potential for increased hours in the future.
In this role, you will be responsible for;
- preparing a balanced, delicious and substantial afternoon tea menu that will have our children’s mouths watering!
- catering for all our children with special cultural and dietary requirements.
- the cleaning/washing up of all dishes used by the children throughout the afternoon.
- maintaining a clean and safe kitchen.
- creating and maintaining up to date paperwork in relation to the centre’s Food Safety Plan.
- stock rotation, budgeting and shopping.
- having excellent verbal, written and time management skills with high levels of initiative.
Skills and experience
The following training is required to fill this exciting position;
- Certificate III Qualification in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent cooking qualification);
- Current Blue Card
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
- COVID 19 Infection Control Certificate (or willingness to obtain)
In-house training and ongoing support will be provided to ensure that you are always eager about your position and feel enabled in expanding your wealth of knowledge.