Mountain Creek State High School P&C Association is looking for the right candidate to join our team as the Operations Manager. The position will initially be a casual position, 20-25 hours during the school term only, with the opportunity for review. The successful applicant will be working in a friendly team environment with the role designed to alleviate the administrative tasks on volunteers in managing the P&C Association’s businesses as well as assisting the executive to broaden its options as to how it can offer back to the school and community it supports.
As Manager your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing all business operations of the association which includes the Creeker Café, Swamp Cafe & Uniform Shop and ensuring their efficient operation
- Maintaining a full and accurate record of business financials using MYOB and ensuring all records are kept in accordance with the P&C Accounting Manual
- Preparation of quarterly BAS
- Provision of information as requested by the Treasurer for monthly reports and annual budgets
- Working closely with our Cafe and Uniform Shop Convenors and being prepared to assist where needed during busy times of any day
- Helping to develop menus that balance nutrition and profit
- Assisting with counting of monies and end of day banking alongside the Canteen Convenor
- Supporting the association with business development by exploring avenues to increase revenues
- Collating and approving fortnightly timesheets
- Overseeing and assisting the Executive Committee with HR matters
- Actively promoting the P&C Association though school newsletter, Facebook and other social media.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Intermediate Microsoft, spreadsheet and word processing knowledge
- Bookkeeping experience desirable but not essential
- Experience with the food industry & HR desirable but not essential
- Willingness to expand knowledge in accordance with Queensland Government Smart Choices Policy, WH&S, P&C policies and guidelines
- A current Paid Employment Blue Card. This card must be obtained before starting employment under the ‘No Card No Start’ laws introduced on 31 August 2020.
Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 20th February 2021