Moggill State School P&C Association is seeking a passionate and professional OSHC Coordinator to be responsible for the management of their Outside School Hours Care service. This full-time role is an exciting opportunity to supervise a team of educators in a welcoming and active community.
Applicants must have a strong child care background and experience in a managerial position or educational leader role is advantageous. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with, the P&C Operations Manager, and the P&C Executive Team.
The service has a current capacity of 160 children and offers before, after school, and vacation care. The P&C is seeking a person with excellent management and interpersonal skills, as well as the desire to provide a service that exceeds the National Quality Standards. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is organised, passionate, community minded and willing to work within a team.
As the declared Nominated Supervisor this role encompasses day-to-day and strategic operations of the service: administration, human resource management, compliance management including policies and procedures, risk minimisation, quality improvement planning, family and community engagement, management of financial matters within P&C approved budgets, liaising with key stakeholders and effective, regular reporting to the P&C.
The successful applicant will be committed to creating a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for primary school aged children, and will oversee our child centered activity programs and encourage and support positive outcomes for all children. Ongoing professional development and support is provided. Optional additional training is encouraged.
Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to develop strong relationships with children, parents and the school community.
- Ability to develop a team of skills and enthusiastic educators through effective leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge of effective business, budgeting and management skills
- Ability to prepare and implement high quality, innovative, developmentally appropriate programs in school age care, and to include children and families in this process
- Experience with the inclusion of children with additional needs.
- Skilled in communicating and collaborating with families, professionals, community members and fellow staff members
- Manage and develop a menu within the set budget and ensure all food provided is consistent with legislation requirements;
- Diploma level qualification in children’s services, education or a related area
- Current Paid Employee Working with Children Check Blue Card
- Current first aid, CPR and asthma and anaphylaxis management qualifications
- Qualified and experienced to act as the Nominated Supervisor, Educational Leader and Person in Day to Day Charge.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Education and Care National Law 2010, Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011, National Quality Framework and National Quality Standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Child care Subsidy (CCS).
- Effective computer skills, including knowledge of childcare management software (myXplor).
- Monthly reports to the P&C Management; and manage and revise policies and procedures in line with the National Quality Improvement Plan
- A willingness to go beyond the call of duty
Hours, Conditions & Award:
This is a Full-Time position (38 hours per week).
The remuneration will be at the Parents and Citizens Associations Award – State 2016. A salary package will be considered for the successful applicant.
How to apply:
Please forward a current resume, with at least 2 employment referees and a letter of application addressing the selection criteria to the P&C Executive via email@example.com ad also available on seek.
Applicants should not hesitate to apply as the P&C are willing to appoint the right person immediately if a suitable candidate can be found. Alternatively, applications will close on 30th October 2020.