A rare opportunity exists for a qualified and experienced Coordinator/Director to lead a growing team at Wishart Outside School Hours Care (WOSHC). This service is proudly operated by the P&C and provides before and after school care, plus vacation care and is currently licensed for up to 160 children.
The primary role of the Coordinator/Director is to manage the service and be responsible for the effective and efficient operation of the WOSHC in accordance with the policies, and directions of the Wishart P&C Executive and Sub-committee. This position is available for a 6 month contract to cover long service leave and will be focused on continuous improvement and development initiatives.
– Provide leadership and guidance to all staff.
– Maintain and oversee the program planning, delivery and documentation.
– Ensure compliance with the National Quality Framework, My Time, Our Place, National Regulations and Centre policies.
– Guide and support educators in the implementation of programmed activities.
– Support Educational Leader to develop and encourage children by implementing effective behaviour management techniques and strategies.
– Manage the day to day operation of the service, which includes, staffing, administration, and financial management.
– Support Educational Leader to develop and implement an effective system of communication within the school community, including parents, staff, and government agencies.
– Manage and develop a menu within the set budget and ensure all food provided is consistent with legislation requirements.
– Monthly reports to the Wishart Outside hours care P&C Management; and
Manage and revise policies and procedures in line with the National Quality Improvement Plan.
– Degree or Diploma in Children’s Services or equivalent.
– Minimum experience as a Coordinator or similar role.
– Have a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework and the National Quality Standards.
– Knowledge of QikKids or similar is preferable.
– Have strong computer skills.
– Hold a First Aid, CPR, Asthma/Anaphylaxis and Blue Card.
If you would like to be part of growing this organisation, please attach your covering letter and resume to your application via Seek – https://www.seek.com.au/job/51084448