OSHC COORDINATOR/ EDUCATIONAL LEADER
Nambour State College OSHC are committed to providing children with quality learning opportunities, delivered in a safe, secure and stimulating environment, while aspiring to deliver the highest standard of care. All our endeavours support the values and mission of Nambour State College benefiting the educational experience of all students.
Nambour State College OSHC is owned and operated by the Nambour State College P&C Association. This is an existing 30 place OSHC service and will be newly run under P&C management from Wednesday 27th Jan 2021 (Term 1) The successful applicant to be available for before and after school care 5 days a week as well as vacation care.
The service will operate from an existing OSHC facility with close proximity to the hall, large playgrounds and other school facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to start fresh and have a positive impact on the operation of a high-quality service.
Collaboratively work with P&C Operations Manager and P&C Executive to achieve the best outcomes for our students.
We believe each member of the team contributes equally to the quality of the service and that a strong, knowledgeable leadership team is essential. The role of OSHC Coordinator/ Ed Leader will be responsible for all aspects of the service including, but not limited to;
- planning and delivering fun programs with a high level of student and family input
- working closely with Educators to provide safe and exciting learning environments and activities to meet the needs of school-aged children
- communicating openly, honestly and with accuracy to all members of the OSHC community
- completion of checklists and audits to ensure a safe and healthy environment
- adhering to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the National Quality Framework, laws and regulations.
- ensuring a risk management approach to safety is implemented
- preparing and serving healthy meals and when necessary collaboratively work with College Tuckshop Convenor & Team
- maintaining a high standard of health and hygiene
- building strong relationships with the children, families, school and community
- supervising children both at the service and on excursions
- administrative work using QikKids or other CCMS approved software, including Kiosk and the App. “
- Training in Covid Safe Practices
Skills and Experience
- a positive outlook to life and a problem-solving approach to success
- commitment to outstanding customer service
- previous leadership/management experience as a 2IC, Coordinator or Centre Director
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- an understanding of the National Quality Framework and My Time, Our Place learning framework
- the ability to support other Educators to be their best
- a true passion for working with and educating children
- working in a team environment and acting as a role model to staff and children
- ACECQA approved qualifications for working in OSHC
- Positive Notice Blue Card, First Aid, CPR and Asthma/Anaphylaxis qualifications
- excellent computer skills
- strong time management and demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks
- outgoing, reliable person who has lots of positive initiative
- proficient in QikKids or other CCMS software
- Award Wages as per PARENTS AND CITIZENS ASSOCIATIONS AWARD – STATE 2016
- A purpose-built facility within the school grounds with brand new equipment
- Training and leadership opportunities
- Ability to be a part of the decision-making team.
Bright Approach Consultancy (a third-party specialist consultancy in early education & child care services) have been engaged to provide the necessary expertise and ongoing support to Nambour OSHC upon commencement and whilst in operation.
Nambour OSHC offers excellent employment opportunities for the long-term in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
This is an exciting role where your efforts will be valued and offers you the opportunity to provide input into the design and operation of the programs and future growth.
A full training program will be offered for all Educators prior to commencement of operations.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter to Juanita Bellhouse by 4th November 2020 email@example.com
Position to commence late Nov/Early Dec 2020.
Nambour OSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage men and women of all ages and Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
Nambour OSHC does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. Nambour State College OSHC will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.