Part time Teacher’s position
Mirambeena Childrens Centre (Darling Heights)
Applications close: 31st August 2020
About the Role:
- Qualified Teacher role
- Currently a Job Share role
- 20-25 hours per week.
- Affiliated with C&K
About Mirambeena Children’s Centre
Mirambeena Children’s Centre is a not for profit community based centre, offering quality care for children 0 to 5 years. During its 29 years of operation, Mirambeena has offered many children a caring environment in which to grow and develop, providing the best possible start to their education.
We operate 4 rooms, each one offering a nurturing and stimulating environment where children are able to explore, learn and play.
At Mirambeena our highly qualified and devoted staff understand the importance of a happy, stimulating and supportive childhood. Learning through play is an important part of our curriculum where each child’s interests are encouraged and developed.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. While previous experience as a Teacher is highly desirable, we are seeking teachers who are enthusiastic to develop their skills and prepared to work hard to achieve them. You will have a highly developed written and verbal communication/presentation. High level of organisational skills and is interested in becoming an educational leader, Previous experience highly regarded.
As the Teacher, you will have an ability to monitor, document and extend children’s learning and development, working closely with Educators to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reflective practice.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, child focused educational program.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com (please apply through Seek)
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.