- Primary Role:
To be responsible for the promotion of the Kindergarten in the Community, for upholding a friendly and professional point of contact for members of the Kindergarten Community (primarily parents) and to generally assist with marketing, enrolment and general administration duties as may be assigned by the Director and Committee.
- Essential Qualifications/Selection Criteria:
- A high level of interpersonal skills.
- Welcoming, friendly and well‐informed.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Possess an understanding of Social Media and how our target market would be most likely to engage with our content.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Previous experience with Kid soft and (to a lesser extent) Xero would be beneficial.
- Highly organized and able to work in a team environment – clear communication for task hand‐overs and for staff who work on different days.
- A current Blue‐Card (or willingness to obtain one)
Previous experience in working in an environment catering to young children is not essential, however a broad understanding of community kindergartens will be viewed as favourable. Qualifications such as First Aid may be of benefit in this role.
Along with your application we ask that you submit a photograph of yourself holding your favourite Children’s book. Please accompany this image with a short paragraph explaining your choice.
- About Wavell Heights Kindergarten:
Wavell Heights Kindergarten has been in operation since 1960. We are a non‐profit organisation, owned and operated by the Wavell Heights Kindergarten Association Incorporated, whose members are parents of enrolled children.
The Centre operates as a double unit, catering for four classes of 22 Pre‐Prep children aged 3 ½‐ 4 ½ years. Our service currently offers parents the flexibility of a ‘three day’ week, ‘five day’ fortnight program or a two‐longer day program. Wavell Heights Kindergarten provides play based developmental and educational programs for children in a bright, cheerful and safe environment. It is proud to offer services, facilities and programs and rated as EXCEEDING the National Quality Framework.
This role is to be a casual, part‐time position. It is anticipated that the hours would be 7‐10 hrs per week, across 2‐3 days. This is flexible and final hours will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
This role is to be paid under the ‘Clerks Private Sector’ award. Level 3, Casual rate.
Position to commence in February 2021. Given the upcoming Christmas period, please note that Shortlisting for this position will commence in mid‐January 2021 with interviews to follow soon after.
All applications can be sent to email@example.com
With the expected level of interest in this position and low staff over the Christmas period, we are unfortunately not able to contact unsuccessful applicants.