Retail Operations Manager, Level 1 (Convenor) – Tuckshop/Canteen
Beachmere State School, Beachmere QLD
Are you looking for a job where you can work part time hours in a friendly and welcoming team environment? Are you handy in a kitchen whipping up nutritious, delicious food? Do you hold a Working with Children and Young people Blue-Card? If yes, then the Beachmere Primary P&C Association want to hear from you!
We currently have an exclusive opportunity for a Casual position as our Retail Operations Manager commencing in the 2021 school year.
You will be working in a small school with a dedicated, very friendly and motivated team while delivering food options complying with the Smart Choices Menu.
This is a Casual partially paid position working approximately 15hours of paid work per week during school terms and the equivalent of 1hour volunteer work per week during the school year. Currently this position is a 3-day position with the possibility of additional hours when required. This position holds the potential to become Permanent/Part-Time for the right candidate.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Cooking and preparation of food as approved by the P&C Association
- Monitoring and ordering of Stock
- Managing volunteers
- Conducting food safety audits and stock takes
- Adhering to food hygiene and WH&S standards, whilst also maintaining high standards of management and maintenance of equipment and environment.
- Ensuring compliance with all Government Regulations, legislation, standards and Education Qld requirements.
- Conducting sales, Cash management, EFTPPOS and QKR system handling
- Liaising with P&C Association regarding acceptable menu options
To succeed in this exciting role applicants will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills while upholding a high ethical and professional standard
- Experience in engaging with students of various ages, parents, volunteers and staff with respect, dignity and patience
- To hold a Suitability Blue Card (or ability to hold and obtain one at own expense)
- To hold a Food Safety Supervisors Certificate or equivalent (or be willing to obtain one at your own expense)
- Undertake Student Protection Training and Asbestos Awareness Training (as per the requirement of the school Principal)
- The flexibility to adapt with changes within the tuckshop environment
- A demonstrated organisational ability
- To be able to delegate and mulit-task while working as a team with volunteers
- A strong cooking background preferred, with experience in allergen-friendly, gluten free and vegetarian options.
- Experience and knowledge of EFTPOS and online ordering systems (QKR) is beneficial however training can be provided for the successful applicant if required
Wages and conditions are subject to the Award Conditions and in line with the Position Description.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please forward all enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference BSS Retail Operations Manager 2021. Applications should address the selection criteria and include a current CV or Resume of the applicant. Last applications accepted close of business on Friday 13th November 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview, and the successful applicant will commence probationary employment for the 2021 school year.