Service Manager/ Teacher – Lady Gowrie Springsure Community Kindergarten
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit Early Childhood Education and Care service?
Lady Gowrie QLD is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of Early Childhood Education and Care services. This includes Child Centres with embedded kindergarten programs, Sessional Kindergartens, outside school hours care and integrated child and family support services.
The Service is community based and has been serving the children & families of Springsure and surrounding area for many years. The Service provides a program for one group of children, on a five day fortnight basis (8.45 am to 2.45 pm), and is an Approved Kindergarten Program Provider.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate and qualified Early Childhood Teacher/ Service Manager to commence January 2021. This is a part time position working 50 hours per fortnight. The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
As Service Manager, the successful applicant will be the Responsible Person at the Service, when in attendance and manage the day to day operations of the Service, in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer.
The successful applicant will undertake the role of Educational Leader at the Service, supporting the Service team in ongoing review and discussion of current pedagogical practices. Lady Gowrie QLD is committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions. (The position is well supported by staff from Lady Gowrie, the successful applicant will work autonomously in regards to the direct implementation of the daily program).
The following Qualifications are essential:
- Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements)
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration will be discussed on application
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Current training in Child Protection preferred and can be discussed on application
Lady Gowrie QLD is committed to the ongoing professional development of all staff.
Join the dynamic team at Lady Gowrie QLD and enhance your career opportunities.
Please email resumes to HR@ladygowrie.com.au or telephone (07) 3252 2667 [link removed] for further information.
Applications close on 5 pm on Friday 6th November 2020.