Drought Angels provides a unique service for which it is has become well known within the rural sector. Drought Angels is a small charity run by big hearts, who offer a listening ear, a warm hug and personalised support given to each family. We like to tell our farmers that this is not a handout but a Thank You. “Thank you for all you do to put the food on our tables because without you we would all go hungry”.
Through direct personal contact with the farmers, Drought Angels have earned a reputation for providing personalised, heartfelt and discreet assistance. We help those who would not normally reach out but prefer to battle it alone, which can lead to severe depression and in some cases suicide. One-on-one support aides in ‘breaking down the barriers of a proud demographic who quite often have never received a hand up. They can be the first generation of many who have to contemplate walking off the land and selling bloodlines that have taken years to build up. These are the people of most concern and often forgotten.
As a Team member of Drought Angels, you will have access to salary sacrificing options and 1 extra RDO a month
We are currently seeking an experienced Warehouse Store Person, who is energetic and hands-on to join our ever-expanding organisation.
In this role, you will report to the Logistics and Warehouse Manager Director.
- Ensure all donations are managed effectively in line with workplace policies and WHS practices.
- Work with volunteers to assist in the processing of donations.
- Work in conjunction with team members to ensure efficient operations.
- Perform any administrative tasks and paperwork required for the role.
- Ensure all areas are kept tidy and free from workplace, health and safety hazards at all times.
- Abide by all workplace policies and procedures and ensure that safe work practices are always upheld.
- Attend on/off-site pick-ups and deliveries if required.
- Demonstrate a friendly, positive attitude, with a willingness to learn.
- Demonstrated experience in general warehousing.
- Perform any other duties as directed by Warehouse Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
- MUST have LF Forklift License.
- Hold a current Australian driver’s license
- Must be physically fit.
- Fleet management
- Good attention to details.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team when required.
- Ability to maintain confidentially.
- Availability for an immediate start
- reliable and strong work ethics
- Safety Focused
Please note that we reserve the right to close the applications immediately upon receipt of an appropriate candidates application