Fixed Term 12 month Part Time Position.
Part time position for a Teacher-Director Maclagan Windermere Kindergarten Applications Close: 9th January 2023
Very Attractive Salary, allowances and incentives
About the Role:
• 12-month fixed term, part time contract Teacher-Director role
• Very Attractive Salary plus Superannuation, plus allowances
• 40 hours a fortnight commencing on 18th January – 30 hours contact & 10 hours non-contact
• Opportunity to join a community based Kindergarten, with one group. Service Licence for 21
• Kindergarten Teaching contact hours 8am – 3.30pm every Wednesday & Friday during the Qld School Term.
A position is available for a qualified Teacher/Director to join the team at Maclagan
As the Teacher/Director you will be a part of a welcoming community, which values and supports the Kindergarten. You will be responsible for managing the operations of the Kindergarten service in accordance with standards and policies.
About Maclagan Windermere Kindergarten
Maclagan Windermere Kindergarten is an integral component of the local and wider communities. Our small rural Kindergarten serves Maclagan, Acland, Quinalow, Kaimkillenbun, Peranga, Kulpi, Cooyar, Evergreen and surrounding areas. We pride ourselves on the strong partnerships we have formed with families in the area and work to incorporate these relationships into all facets of the service. Our service is warm, welcoming and has inviting outdoors and indoors environments. Maclagan Kindergarten is a well-resourced service. We have a strong community spirit, involvement with local groups, events and celebrations
An Affiliate Member of C&K who provides high quality educational experiences through the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland
Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Maclagan Windermere Kindergarten provides high quality educational experiences through Listening and Learning Together – C&K’s Revised Curriculum Approach and encouraging children to express their own ideas through play to develop friendships, explore, solve problems, help others, imagine, create and extend on their interests.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. While previous experience as a Teacher-Director is desirable, we are keen to hear from beginning teachers who are enthusiastic to develop their skills and prepared to work hard to achieve them. You must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service, whilst being approachable, demonstrating leadership qualities and having the ability to connect with the local community, families, children and colleagues.
As the Teacher, you will have an ability to monitor, document and extend children’s learning and development, working closely with Co educator to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reflective practice.
Start date: 18th January 2023
Ideal applicants will have:
• Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification.
• Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
• Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management
• Ability to plan and implement a quality, child focused educational program.
• Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
• A current Paid Blue Card or exemption.
• Previous experience in Storypark & Kidsoft is preferred but not essential.
For further information please contact Rowena on 0407 039 375.
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team and email to email@example.com