Kuranda Community Kindergarten Association – Permanent Full-time Teacher/Director
- Permanent, full-time position commencing 17th January 2022
- 38 hours per week plus reasonable additional hours as required, Monday to Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm
- Kindergarten session times operate Monday to Friday 8.20am-2.30pm
- Extra non-contact time allocated
- Affiliate of C&K
About the role:
Kuranda Community Kindergarten has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and qualified Director/Teacher to take on the role for our Kindergarten Program. The role will commence on 17th January 2022.
Our beautiful ‘kindy in the rainforest’ offers a fortnightly 5-day “Djama Group” and “Bundarra Group” pre-prep program. Each group consists of a maximum of 22 children. The ‘Djama’ Group attends Monday, Tuesday and alternate Wednesdays from 8.20am – 2.30pm. The ‘Bundarra’ Group attends Thursday and Friday and alternate Wednesdays from 8.20am – 2.30pm.
As a Teacher/Director in our centre you will be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of a comprehensive educational and care program that supports the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines Curriculum and The Early Years Framework as well as the cultural, emotional and developmental needs of the children.
A the Director/Teacher you additionally will be the kindergarten’s Nominated Supervisor, and you will lead the service in building effective partnerships, enhancing the organisation’s culture and ensuring pedagogical and curricular development. This role reports directly to the Business Operations Manager.
We are looking for someone who is a self-starter, armed with a creative vision to help the service blossom. We require an approachable leader amongst a close-knit community of families, children and employees; and a successful educator who has a hands-on approach in teaching.
Essential Qualifications required:
- Holding a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent, (recognised by ACECQA).
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to or during appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Up to date First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Certificate/s and COVID-19 Vaccination
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment
- Prior experience working in an early childhood setting under the NQF preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement a high quality, educational and child-centred program, meeting the needs of individual children and the group.
- Ability to mentor, coach and work with all educators to meet the requirements of their position.
- Sound knowledge of the early years learning and national quality framework.
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining open and collaborative relationships with families.
- Able to relate to individuals of various ages, and social and cultural backgrounds.
- High level of written & oral communication skills which reflect a professional approach in all circumstances.
Applications to be submitted by 20th December 2021 (selection process will begin as soon as application is received).
To apply please submit a cover letter, your resume and responses to the selection criteria listed above. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com or alternatively submitted through the form below.