Full time position for a Director-Teacher
Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten
Applications close: 2nd May 2020
Attractive Salary, allowances and incentives
About the role:
- Full-time Director-Teacher role
- Very Attractive Salary plus Superannuation, plus allowances, plus incentives
- 75 hours a fortnight, immediate commencement or by negotiation
- Opportunity to join a community-based kindergarten with two classes
A position is available for a qualified Director-Teacher to join Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten.
As the Director-Teacher, you will be a part of a close-knit affiliate kindergarten in the leafy suburb of Tarragindi, in Brisbane’s inner south. Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten is a welcoming community that fosters a love of play-based learning.
You will be responsible for managing the operations of the kindergarten service in accordance with standards and policies and with the support of the staff and management committee.
About Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten
Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten prides itself on the strong relationships we have formed with families in the area and works to incorporate this into all facets of our service.
An Affiliate Member of C&K, Tarragindi War Memorial Kindergarten provides high-quality play-based educational experiences through the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG). Children are supported to express themselves freely as they learn, grow and develop at their own pace through play and hands-on experiences, within a safe environment.
For this position, we are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education. Previous experience as a Director-Teacher is essential. You must demonstrate a hands-on approach to managing the operational aspects of the service with a high level of professionalism. We are also seeking a Director-Teacher who has excellent interpersonal skills, is highly approachable, demonstrates leadership qualities and can form strong connections with the families, children, staff and the wider community.
As the Teacher, you will have a passion for play-based learning and nature play, given the beautiful bush surrounds we enjoy and the reputation our Kindergarten holds as a relaxed, fun-loving place for children to learn and grow.
You will also have an ability to monitor, document and extend children’s learning and development, working closely with Educators to model and use a variety of teaching strategies, including intentional teaching and reflective practice.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent, as recognised by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teaching (ECT) qualification.
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Demonstrated leadership ability including staff performance appraisal and management
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, child-focused educational program.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
- A current Blue Card or exemption, or be willing to obtain upon appointment.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach your current Resume and a Cover Letter stating why you would like to join our team.