Kindergarten Teacher Position – Lowood & District Community Kindergarten
- 5 day fortnight, Part time – 37.5 hours a fortnight
- Fixed term contract starting Term 1 2022 (with possibility of permanency)
- End of the week group – alternate Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays
- Employee benefits, salary sacrificing and above award wage
- Access to mentoring, non-contact time, professional development and training
- Access to employee assistance program (EAP)
About the role:
Lowood & District Community Kindergarten has an exciting opportunity for a passionate Early Childhood Teacher to join the Kindy. The long established Kindergarten has been operating for over 50 years and has an excellent reputation in the community as a quality early childhood centre. The Lowood Kindy team are a family where everyone has a voice, which is respected. We believe that all staff bring their own strengths and knowledge which is highly valued. This role will see you being part of a community Kindy which supports the local communities’ families and children.
- Lowood C&K are an Exceeding Community Kindergarten.
- A beautiful back yard and leaders in sustainable practices. Lowood Kindy is passionate about the environment and encouraging children to be environmental guardians.
- Invested in reconciliation and respects the knowledge, culture and understandings that we learn from our First Nations people.
- Strong partnerships with the local schools, community and elders.
- Lowood Kindy embraces C&K Curriculum Approach: Listening & Learning Together.
Lowood Kindy is pleased to be affiliated with C&K Kindergarten. C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
What we are looking for in a Teacher:
For this Kindergarten Teacher position, we are looking for someone who is a self-starter, team player, who has previous experience as a Teacher and armed with a creative vision. You must have the ability to model and support the room educators to utilise a variety of teaching strategies including intentional teaching and reflective practice in daily work. C&K Teachers and educators treat all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child’s unique family and background, maintaining an environment that is understanding and respectful of each child’s and family’s cultures, values and differences.
To be successful in this role you must:
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current or previous experience working at a C&K Community Kindergarten preferred, but not essential
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/ programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a committed and engaged team.
- An ability to implement a planned program in collaboration with educators, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met.
- An ability to document observations of children’s behaviour and development.
- Have the ability to work with and support children with additional needs
- Demonstrate recognition, acceptance and respect towards Australia’s first people – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards (“NQF” and “NQS”), Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines (QKLG)
- Current Blue Card or Exemption Card
- Senior First Aid Certificate, including CPR, Anaphylaxis and Asthma
- All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks.
If you are ready for the next step in your career, please apply now and ensure you include a cover letter stating why you would be perfect for this role and highlight what you feel you could bring to this service. Please email applications or enquiries to email@example.com
closing date of the 31st October.