Deception Bay North State School P&C Association are looking for a motivated person with a passion for cooking and children’s health to join our team as Permanent Part Time Term Time Tuck Shop Convenor.
Your role in this environment would be to prepare a wide variety of fresh, nutritious meals and snacks that comply with Smart Choices Guidelines as well as providing a friendly service to the school community.
- Qualified Cook preferably but not necessary
- A passion for great food and customer service
- The ability to communicate with various stakeholders
- Responsible for ordering and managing stock control
- To conduct food safety audits and monthly stock takes
- Manage and recruit volunteers
- Supervise and train volunteers
- Use preferred supplies and to negotiate pricing with suppliers
- Have an understanding of Smart Choices – Healthy Food and Drink Strategy for Queensland schools or the ability and willingness to learn
- Previous managerial experience
- Currently hold a Police Check and Working with Children Check (Blue Card)
- Strong knowledge of Work, Health & Safety (WH&S)
- Own Transport
This is a permanent part-time position working Wednesday, Thursday and Fridays from 8:00am – 2:30pm during school Terms. Wages and conditions will be subject to award conditions.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit an expression of interest, outlining the knowledge and skills they would bring to the positon of Tuck Shop Convenor along with a current CV. Along with your expression of interest, please outline 5 menu items you would like to see on a Tuck Shop menu and 5 items that you would not like to see.
If you would like to apply or need further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made in writing to the P&C by 18th of March 2021
The position commencement date is 19th April 2021.
Successful applicants will be contacted on 29th March 2021.