About the Role:
A rare opportunity has become available for an experiences Early Childhood Professional to join the team at our Community Kindergarten. Our two-unit Kindy provides a programme for four groups of children attending either a 2-day or 3-day a week programme. We are proud of our beautiful natural environment and extensive indoor and outdoor resources that allow us to provide a high quality educational experience. We believe that all children are unique capable individuals. We value every child’s right to play; to feel safe; to be loved, nurtured, accepted and included; and to speak and to be heard. We foster an appreciation for the environment as an integral part of early childhood education.
Yeronga Park Kindergarten is affiliated with C&K and is administered as an incorporated association by a committee of volunteer parents. At our Centre, all children and families are respeced and valued. They are treated with integrity and compassion. Our warm, caring environment ensures that all children and families feel welcome.
We are looking for a passionate early childhood educator to join our team. Previous experience as a Director/Nominated Supervisor is preferred. As the Nominated Supervisor for the service, you will be responsible for managing the operation of an affiliate Kindergarten service in accordance with YPK and C&K standard and policies. You must be a approachable leader amongst the community of families, children an employees; with a hands-on-approach in managing the service operationally.
As the Teacher, you will have the ability to document and assess children’s learning behaviour and development using C&K’s Curriculum Approach, the Queensland Kindergartn Learning Guidelines and the Early Years Learning Framework. You will have a passion for diversity and inclusion, treating all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child’s unique family and background, maintaining an environment that is inclusive and respectful of child and family cultures, values and differences.
What we will require from you as a Teacher/Nominated Supervisor:
Part Time Position – Monday to Wednesday (Teaching) plus Nominated Supervisor non-contact time
Commencing 16th January 23. Children’s attendance is based on Queensland State School terms
Ideal Applicants will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (recognized by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Prior experience in an early childhood setting, experience in a community kindergarten an advantage
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards (“NQF” and “NQS”), the Early Years Learning Framework (“EYLF”)
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centre proramme
- Ability to meet the needs of individual children and the group using the QKLG
- Experience working with and planning for children with inclusion support needs
- An enthusiasm and passion for the care and education of children in a play-based learning environment
- Skills to build strong relationships within our community of families
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting an early childhood education and care service to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a capable and engaged workforce
- Current working with children check (Blue Card)\
- Current First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management Certificates
Applications should include a brief cover letter outlining the skills, experience and personal qualities you would bring to the role, and a resume outlining you qualification, experience and two work related references. Please direct any applications or enquires to Yvonne Jones via email to email@example.com by no later than 11th November 2022.
Induction and opportunities to meet with children and families will be discussed with the successful applicant on appointment.
What can we offer employees?
- Well above award salary packages
- Opportunity to work within a highly reputable Early Childhood setting with a dedicated, long term team of educators
- Professional development and training opportunities
YPK is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strong encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people from culturally-diverse background. All YPK employees are required to undergo background checks which include police checks. Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. We reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.