Looking to broaden your management horizons? Ready to take the next step in your career? Or just wanting a tree change? Stop searching, this is the job for you.
About Our Centre
Hughenden Kindergarten & Early Childhood Centre is a community-managed, not-for-profit, small rural community centre, four hours west of Townsville. At Hughenden Kindergarten and Early Childhood Centre, we offer a long day care program for 0 – 5 year olds, an approved Kindergarten Program for children in the year before commencing Primary education, and Before and After School Care for children 5 – 12 years of age. We are a small team of dedicated educators, licensed to care for up to 41 children in total.
The Hughenden Kindergarten and Early Childhood Centre is an affiliate service of C&K. C&K is a not-for-profit organisation which is recognised as one of Queensland’s leading bodies in the Early Childhood and Education sector. Since 1907, the organisation has grown and developed its social purpose agenda and now educates children in 360 centres which are comprised of both Childcare Centres and Kindergartens.
About the Role:
This is a full-time 12-month contract with the potential to be converted to a permanent position. As the Director, you will have experience in evaluating and driving effective centre business performance by monitoring, planning, and implementing strategies in collaboration with all stakeholders to develop and accelerate centre operations to high performance.
This role is a senior and respected position within the organization, with overarching responsibility for the Centre’s leadership and management.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Lead the provision of high-quality early childhood education and care promoting the organisation’s philosophy.
• Prepare or supervise the preparation of records relevant to the operation of the Centre including program and administrative records as may be required.
• Plan for and provide relevant staff training and professional development
• Facilitate Performance Development Meetings and Create Performance Improvement Plans when needed.
• In collaboration with the executive committee, assist the formulation and evaluation of the service budget, monitor income and expenditure in accordance with budget estimates and ensure that all steps are taken to comply with the budget.
• Plan for and manage staffing to cover leave to maximise continuity for children and families and cost-effectiveness for the service.
• Contribute to the development, implementation and review of organisational WH&S policies and procedures.
Essential position requirements:
• Diploma in Children’s Service or Early Childhood Degree. Working towards may be considered, however, demonstrated industry and management experience must be shown.
• Knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Standards
• Current Working With Children Card (WWCC)
• Senior First Aid Certificate, including Resuscitation, Anaphylaxis Management, Emergency Asthma Management and Defibrillator Use
Benefits to Joining Hughenden Kindergarten:
• $100,000 salary per annum
• 4 weeks Annual leave with leave loading + 3 weeks Personal/Carers leave
• Professional Development
• Employee Assistance Program
• Flexible working arrangements
• Four (4) return flights to Townsville
If you are ready for a new challenge and this role interests you, please send a cover letter along with your resume and apply now!