Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten
Education & Training – Teaching – Early Childhood
Part time 37.5hrs/fortnight
Long Service Leave Contract (15 January 2024 to 21 June 2024)
Brisbane South – Yeronga
Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten is seeking applications from experienced and qualified early childhood teachers. The position is a part-time, 6-month long service leave contract (5-day fortnight Thursday, Friday, alt. Wednesday).
The role commences on the week beginning 15th January 2024, with negotiated hand-over time during Term 4, 2023.
Please note the closing date for this position is indicative only. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
About Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten:
Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten is a not-for-profit Community Kindergarten affiliated with Lady Gowrie. Our centre is well respected for providing quality early childhood education for over 70 years. Set in parkland, YHRK is spacious and well-resourced. YHRK educates children by focusing on loving relationships, best educational practices, and strong collaborative partnerships in our close Yeronga community.
We have a 2-unit centre for children in the year before prep (3.5 – 5-year-olds), with a government-funded program for up to 88 children, providing a play-based, educational program. Additionally, we provide Kindy Club, an afternoon program for families who require outside-hours care.
Our team of passionate, fully qualified, and experienced teachers/educators are supportive and prioritises the needs of children and families.
Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten is a friendly kindergarten committed to providing an environment where staff can pride themselves on their professionalism and their relationships with the children and parents they work with. We strive to recognise the individual needs of the children and provide environments where they express themselves freely as they learn, grow, and develop at their own pace through play and hands on experiences within a safe environment.
Essential Qualifications, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor of Early Childhood, Bachelor of Education – Early Childhood Education or equivalent, Qualifications must be approved by ACECQA and eligible for Teacher Registration with QCT. • Senior first aid certificate, including CPR and training in the emergency management of anaphylaxis and asthma.
• Current Positive/Exemption Suitability Card.
• Child Protection Training, Emergency Procedures and Response in Early Childhood and Care Manual Handling Risk Management in the childcare industry.
• An ability to work as an effective team member.
• Well-developed interpersonal oral, and written communication skills.
• A sound understanding of theories of early childhood development.
• A strong desire to provide the delivery of a high-quality, inclusive and educational program, providing each child with a secure nurturing environment.
• A positive attitude of acceptance and respect and the ability to demonstrate empathy for the individual needs and desires of each child and their families.
• Experience working in a Community Kindergarten setting.
About the Role
The Teacher is responsible for the delivery and planning of an educational program for the children attending Yeronga Hyde Road Kindergarten. This includes:
• Implementation of a detailed educational program reflective of a child centre curriculum. • Implementation of approved learning frameworks (EYLF & QKLG).
• deliver a high quality, inclusive early childhood educational program.
• develop strong trusting relationships between children, families, and staff.
• support a strong and cohesive professional team.
• establish meaningful parent participation in classroom and service-wide experiences. • Flexible, relevant, reflective, and responsive practices.
• promote YHRK and Lady Gowrie (Qld) within the local and broader community.
For this position, we are seeking a self-starter who is passionate about early childhood education and has previous experience teaching in a Community Kindergarten. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated teacher who can commence in the week beginning 15 January 2024.
To apply, submit a resume and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role via Seek only. All applications must be received by Friday 17 November at 5pm. Please note, YHRK reserve the right to close the job advertisement at any time. Interviews will be held as suitable applications are received.
We are an inclusive kindergarten and support and promote diversity within our teaching team. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.