OSHC Educational Leader/ 2IC Nambour OSHC
Bright Approach Consultancy
Nambour, Sunshine Coast QLD
Childcare & Outside School Hours Care (Education & Training)
About Nambour State College Out-of-School Hours Care:
Nambour State College OSHC is committed to providing children with quality learning opportunities delivered in a safe, secure and stimulating environment while aspiring to deliver the highest standard of care. All our endeavours support the values and mission of Nambour State College, benefiting the educational experience of all students.
Nambour State College OSHC is owned and operated by the Nambour State College P&C Association. This is a 60-place licensed service that operates from a stand-alone OSHC facility with close proximity to the hall, large playgrounds and other school facilities. This is an excellent opportunity to start fresh and positively impact the operation of a high-quality service.
We believe each team member contributes equally to the quality of the service and that a strong, knowledgeable leadership team is essential. This role is crucial to developing educators and the centre’s commitment to high-quality care under the National Quality Framework. This role includes mentoring educators on both the National Quality Standards and My Time Our Place framework and supporting the leadership team in all aspects of the service including, but not limited to;
leading and inspiring educators, planning and delivering programs with a high level of student and family input
working closely with Educators to provide safe and exciting learning environments and activities to meet the needs of school-aged children
supporting educators to assess learning and effectively reflect across all 7 Quality areas
communicating openly, honestly and with accuracy to all members of the OSHC community
completion of checklists, risk assessments and audits to ensure a safe and healthy environment
adhering to policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the National Quality Framework, laws and regulations.
ensuring a risk management approach to safety is implemented
preparing and serving healthy meals
maintaining a high standard of health and hygiene
supervising children both at the service and on excursions
administrative work using OWNA CCMS-approved software, including the Platform and the App.
working alongside the leadership team to achieve the best outcomes.
Skills and Experience
Our Educational Leader must demonstrate:
- a positive outlook on life and a problem-solving approach to success
- commitment to outstanding customer service
- previous leadership/management experience as an Ed Leader or 2IC
- excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- a strong knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and My Time, Our Place learning framework
- a strong understanding of child development and a positive approach to guiding children’s behaviour
- the ability to support and mentor other Educators to be their best working in a team environment
- Minimum Diploma Qualification/ ACECQA approved qualifications for working in OSHC
- Positive Notice Blue Card, First Aid, CPR and Asthma/Anaphylaxis qualifications
- excellent computer skills
- strong time management and demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks
- proficient in OWNA/ CCMS software
- Permanent part-time position and job security
- A purpose-built facility within the school grounds
- Training and leadership opportunities
- Ability to be a part of the decision-making.
Bright Approach Consultancy (a third-party specialist consultancy in early education and child care services) has been engaged to provide the necessary expertise and ongoing support to Nambour State College OSHC and the leadership team whilst in operation.
This OSHC service offers excellent employment opportunities for the long term in a supportive and collaborative work environment.
This is an exciting role where your efforts will be valued and offer you the opportunity to provide input into the design and operation of the programs.
To apply, please email your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28/10/2023
Position to commence ASAP.
Nambour OSHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage men and women of all ages and Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.
OSHC does not accept any unsolicited resume referrals from Recruitment Agencies. OSHC will not pay any placement fees relating to unsolicited resume referrals.
Your application will include the following questions:
Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
Have you completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care?
Are you available to work split shifts?
How much notice are you required to give your current employer?