- Clerical/ Administration Officer
- Casual – 10 hours per week
- Predominantly working within school hours, with some occasional hours during school
holidays, evenings (monthly meetings) and events
About the role:
Springwood Community Kindergarten now has a position for an experienced Clerical/Administration Officer to join the Kindergarten on a Casual basis, commencing on Monday, 18th January, 2022.
This Clerical/Administration position is required for three days a week to support the Kindergarten and Nominated Supervisor – Mondays 9:00am – 1:00pm and Wednesdays & Thursdays 9:00am – 12:00pm.
The Clerical/Administration Officer is responsible for assisting the Kindergarten with matters of an administrative and financial nature such as creating and maintaining child enrolment records and waitlist information, collecting data for QLD Kindergarten Funding Scheme (QKFS) validation and QKFSPlus subsidies, setting up fees and invoicing/ receipting, payroll, grant applications,assist with budget preparation, retaining accurate attendance records for children and generate child data reports, file maintenance and archiving as well as other administrative duties as needed.
Ideally you will have strong organisational and time management skills, be flexible and willing to support the Kindergarten with open day events, community events and other administrative duties for the educators and Kindergarten when required.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Qualification in business administration or a related course is preferred but not essential
- Hold Certificate 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care or currently enrolled, desirable but not essential
- Previous experience in a similar role as a clerical/ administration within the education and care sector (e.g.C&K, Gowrie, long day care or school setting) highly advantageous
- Proven well developed written, verbal, interpersonal communication and presentation skills coupled with a strong customer service focus
- Demonstrated high level of organisational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain a very high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Be welcoming, friendly and approachable when engaging with families, children and staff
- Have demonstrated knowledge of Xero accounting package and Google Suite programs
- Child Protection and First Aide qualifications (or willing to obtain these) is desirable
- Current Blue Card (essential)