P&C Operations Manager MERIDAN STATE COLLEGE (P&C Operations Manager Stream)
Variety plus! We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and highly organised person to assist the Executive of the P&C Association.
• Location – Meridan State College
• Position – Permanent part-time (approx. 15 hours per week) during school term time
• Wage as per the Parents and Citizens Award – State 2016
About the P&C Association:
The Meridan State College P&C Association is an integral part of the P-12 College, supporting the day to day operation of it’s activities and working within the values of collaboration, courage, courtesy and compassion by:
- Fostering community interest in educational matters;
- Endeavouring to bring about closer cooperation between the parents of children attending the school and other members of the community, staff members of the school and
students of the school; and
- Assisting in the giving of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students receiving educational instruction at the school.
About the position:
Reporting to the Meridan State College Parents and Citizens Association Executive team, this role is designed to support the Executive team, a group of voluntary P&C Association members in:
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the P&C Association including but not limited to, effective and efficient business operations in accordance with policies and procedures as determined by the P&C Association and relevant legislation.
- Assisting with the overall financial and administration requirements of the P&C Association and its subcommittees in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Assisting with the business development and the P&C Association by exploring avenues to increase revue, making recommendations to the P&C Association.
Key Selection Criteria:
- High level communication skills both verbal and written including the ability to engage, consult, advise, manage conflict and negotiate successfully to achieve high quality services and a strong team culture.
- Ability to manage change in a complex environment.
- Able to think strategically, be dynamic and responsive to changing needs.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work in order to meet deadlines.
- Passion for ensuring quality services are delivered and that contractual requirements and key performance indicators are achieved.
- Proven record of achieving targets and outcomes.
- Strong human resource management skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, legislative, regulatory and risk requirements relevant to P&C Association businesses and services.
- Proven bookkeeping skills including experience using MYOB.
- Advance computer skills including Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Formal qualifications are not essential, however; post-secondary qualifications in Accounting, Business Management and/or Human Resources would be highly regarded.
- In accordance with the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000, a person is prohibited from working in regulated child-related employment unless the person holds a current Working with Children Check clearance (blue card) issued by Blue Card Services: www.bluecard.qld.gov.au
- Employees of the P&C Association must comply with the P&C Queensland COVID-19 vaccination requirements for employees.
How to apply
If you believe you have the skills and passion to succeed in this role we would love to hear from you!
Applications must be submitted by 3.00pm, Friday 25 February, 2022 addressing the Key Selection Criteria; include a current Resume and contact details of two (2) Referees.
Applications will be accepted through Seek or emailed to email@example.com.
Should you require further details about the position and a copy of the Role Description, please contact Jacs Judd, P&C President – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0402 870 276.