Camira Kindergarten is a well-established kindergarten operating to over 30 years. This non-profit community kindergarten is owned and operated by a committee of dedicated parents.
- Permanent Full-Time opportunity
- Rewarding and supportive environment.
- Join one of Brisbane’s leading Early Childhood Education providers
About the role:
C&K Camira Kindergarten is very proud to have been rated ‘Exceeding’ the national standards by the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).
At C&K Camira Kindergarten we are seeking an experienced and dedicated Director/Teacher for a full-time position commencing in July 2020. The suitable applicant will have the ability to show initiative and specific experience in both teaching and directing roles and pride themselves in their communication with children and families, and their ability to effectively manage a team.
The service encourages all children to develop independence, problem solving strategies, and social and emotional skills. Educators work hard to develop fine and gross motor skills in all children through their interests in a play-based environment.
The suitable applicant will be responsible for:
- The day-to-day running of the service
- Mentoring, coaching and working with all educators to meet the requirements of their position descriptions
- Developing and maintaining open and collaborative relationships with all families
- Encouraging and supporting parent participation within the program
- Acting as an advocate for early childhood leadership within the service and the wider community
- You will need to be not only great with the children but great from an administration side of things too
- Liaise professionally with all C&K departments to ensure the high-quality operation of the service
- Complete enrolment records for each child and ensure confidentiality is always maintained, regarding information of a child and their family
- Providing a high-quality Kindergarten program using the Listening and Learning together approach
Ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification)
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Current paid or exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid/ CPR including Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates
- Previous experience in a teaching role in an Early Childhood environment, preferably a structured preschool
- Previous experience in leading and inspiring a passionate team of educators within an Early Childhood environment
- Intermediate knowledge with Microsoft Office (Desired)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan and implement a high quality, educational and child centred program, meeting the needs of individual children
>>>To apply, please send your CV, and Cover letter, addressed to Jocelyn Campbell – email@example.com, outlining the selection criteria above.<<<
C&K is proud to be the largest and longest established provider of community-based early childhood education and care services in Queensland. Working at C&K you will have access to many benefits including, but not limited to, above-award wages, salary packaging options, priority access to C&K childcare and kindergarten centres and access to study through our C&K College. C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds. All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which include police checks.
Please note the advertising closing date is indicative only. C&K reserve the right to close the advertisement before this date is reached. Therefore, it is encouraged that you submit your application as soon as possible.