Western Suburbs Kindergarten (Townsville) has a rare opportunity for a passionate and visionary early childhood professional to join our Kindergarten in an Early Childhood Teacher role.
About the role:
- Early Childhood Teacher role
- Fixed term contract with a possibility of extension as a Teacher from Term 1 2023
- Full-time position running the long two-day program 8:00am to 3:45pm, with staff work hours of 7:45am to 4:30pm for two groups (part-time employment will be considered for the right candidate)
- Part-time (0.2) Nominated Supervisor role
- Remuneration will be in accordance with the Western Suburbs Kindergarten’s Enterprise Agreement
About Our Kindergarten:
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is affiliated with The Creche and Kindergarten Association Limited. At Western Suburbs Kindergarten children experience a natural play-based learning environment with caring educators and staff. Western Suburbs Kindergarten has been operating for over 55 years and has achieved EXCEEDING in all seven areas of the National Quality Standards.
Western Suburbs Kindergarten is run by a parent management committee and operates as a double-unit service, catering for kindergarten children the year prior to school. The kindergarten operates school term time only.
Western Suburbs Kindergarten has had long term staff with a combined service of 125 years. This position has only become available due to current staff retiring; hence the Management Committee has commenced the recruitment process and are eager to hear from interested parties and what they may have to offer our Kindergarten. This is a rare and great opportunity to become part of our dedicated team.
The Nominated Supervisor Role:
Western Suburbs Kindergarten recognises the integral role of a Nominated Supervisor within a community kindergarten setting and thus since 2015 made the decision for this role to be undertaken in a non-contact capacity and/or part-time capacity. You will share this role with the Director as a part-time role of 0.2. The Nominated Supervisor is responsible for the overall management of the service and leadership of the staffing team, leading the service in building effective partnerships, developing organisational culture and pedagogical and curricular development.
The successful candidate will be passionate about play based learning and have a sound knowledge and understanding of contemporary early childhood development and best practice. You will be committed to ongoing professional development and demonstrate a capacity to work alongside colleagues to continually improve and refine teaching and learning practices.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills, working to develop constructive and respectful relationships with children, parents, and other staff.
You must have the ability to document and assess children’s learning and development, as well as support your colleagues in utilising a variety of teaching strategies including intentional teaching and reflective practice in daily work.
We are looking for someone who will treat all children with dignity and respect, embracing each child’s unique family and background, while maintaining an environment that is respectful of child and family cultures, values, and differences.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Completed a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood), or equivalent, as recognized by ACECQA as an Early Childhood Teacher (ECT) qualification (other ACECQA approved qualification considered for the right candidate).
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment (Provisional teachers will be accepted)
- Hold a current and valid Blue Card/Blue Card Exemption
- National Police Check issued within the last 3 months (or willing to obtain one)
- Current First Aid/CPR including asthma and anaphylaxis
- Knowledge of National Quality Framework and Standards (“NQF” and “NQS”), and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
If you are interested in exploring this opportunity to become a part of our team, please contact our President Meagan Middleton via email at the following address email@example.com