Outside School Hours Care is looking for a number of enthusiastic Educators to join our dedicated Before and After School Care and Vacation Care team located in the Kenmore area. Our large service is expanding rapidly and interviews will commence Friday 21st February and Thursday 27th February. These are casual roles with the possibility of transitioning to permanent part-time offering up to 25 hours per week. These positions will commence ASAP.
You will be responsible for meeting the following key objectives:
- Actively supervising, interacting and engaging with children.
- Providing learning opportunities for children through the use of intentional teaching and encouraging spontaneous learning in line with the Framework for School Age Care Children, My Time, Our Place.
- Contributing to the planning by evaluating children’s interactions during play.
- Greeting families and communicating with children as well as their parents to enhance well- established partnerships between families and the Service, and to develop new partnerships with future families in a highly professional manner.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have:
- Current Blue Card and Criminal check are essential
- Current First Aid Certificate 004
- Emergency Management of Asthma & Anaphylaxis Certificates.
- A positive attitude to support and encourage children and fellow Educators with a creative streak and an energetic, enthusiastic personality, excellent planning, organisational, decision making and problem solving skills with an ability to improvise.
- A Diploma in Children’s Services or a Certificate III in Children’s Services or enrolled and working towards completion of a Certificate III, Diploma or relevant Tertiary Degree relating to childcare or teaching
In Addition the following is desirable though not essential:
- Relevant experience with children and a working knowledge of the National Quality Framework including the ‘My Time, Our Place’ –Framework for School Age Care in Australia.
- Familiarity with Qikkids
- We have a great team that work well together and receive full support from the school’s P&C.
- full induction upon commencement
- Professional development and training
- Individual staff availability is the prime determinant for hours worked.
- We provide educational opportunities and a career path for those wishing to promote themselves into Management roles within the child care industry.
Please send your resume and a maximum one page cover letter response outlining how you meet the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org Any enquires should be directed to the same email address or phone 0491 005 776