The Administration Assistant is a key customer service position focussed on the smooth running of the Kindy. This position will provide administrative support to the Centre Director, Campus Staff and broader parent community including reception duties, general service administration, safety and compliance.
Front of house / Reception duties
- First point of contact for all parents and other visitors to the kindy – be the friendly face of Campus Kindy for all current and prospective families
- Conduct parent tours on an as-needed basis
- Monitoring of Campus Kindy email, website and social media communications channels and escalating queries as appropriate
- Contribute to developing strong trusting relationships between children, families, board, and staff.
- Be an active participant in the centre’s calendar schedule including monthly staff meetings, parent meetings, orientation days, information nights, annual general meetings, end of year celebrations, and other key events.
- Oversee the consistent, systematic and effective systems for the maintenance of information and records.
- Implement and maintain organisational policies and procedures relating to waiting lists, enrolments and the prompt filling of vacancies.
- Support timely and effective processing of data collection for related funding and accountability reports.
- Support the Centre Director in sourcing the data for regular reporting on budget, staffing, occupancy and child attendance reports to assist budget monitoring and maintenance.
- Maintain high standards of financial management and service administration to support the provision of high quality ECEC.
- Under direction of the Centre Director, assist with requesting quotations and any other tasks required as part of implementing prioritised building and equipment maintenance schedules
- Support the Centre Director and other senior colleagues in the regular review, updating and communicating of all centre policies including the Gowrie (Qld) Behaviour Management policy as well those relating to waiting lists, enrolment and vacancy management
- Any other duties under the direction of the Centre Director
Safety and Compliance
- Support to Centre Director in gathering data and other evidence to ensure that all statutory requirements with respect to the service are being met or exceeded (e.g., National Quality Framework, Approved Kindergarten Program Provider, funding agreements, and other relevant legislation and regulations) and organise accreditation where applicable.
- Work with Campus Kindy team to implement Health and Safety policies including timely notification of incidents to relevant authorities (where applicable), record keeping, facilitating regular safety drills, (including fire evacuation and centre lock down procedures), ensuring safety management duties are assigned to responsible persons, hazards are reported and managed, risk assessments are completed and incorporated into all event/excursion management, daily equipment and environment checks are completed and damaged or faulty equipment is decommissioned, removed, and/or replaced.
- First Aid Certificate; CPR Certificate; Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificated; Current Suitability Card
- Formal qualifications in early childhood education and / or business administration (desirable)
Experience, Knowledge and Skills (Selection Criteria):
- Qualifications as noted above
- Highly developed communication skills including the ability to develop strong relationships with key stakeholders including parents, staff and children
- Experience in administration support roles, preferably in an early childhood or Not for Profit setting
- Track record in service administration including filing and records management, data capture and preparation of summary reports
- Experience in gathering data and other evidence to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications (including Word; Excel; Powerpoint, QK Kiosk and QK Enrol)
- Ability to contribute to developing and supporting a professional and diverse team
- Experience in website and social media management (desirable)
Reports To: Campus Director
Location: Campus Kindergarten – University of QLD, St Lucia
Position Objective: Administration support to the Centre Director, Campus team and broader parent community that is customer-focused, responsive and aligned with the shared Vision for Campus Kindy.
Centre-Staff Values: Innovation; Accountability; Respectfulness; Communication; Commitment