Early Childhood Teacher – Lady Gowrie Currimundi Community Kindergarten
Have you experienced the difference of working in a community-based not for-profit Early Childhood Education and Care service?
Lady Gowrie QLD is a leader in ECEC, sponsoring a diverse range of Early Childhood Education and Care services. This includes Child Centre’s with embedded kindergarten programs, Sessional Kindergartens, outside school hours care and integrated child and family support services.
We are currently seeking a dedicated, passionate and qualified Early Childhood Teacher to undertake a part time role commencing Term One 2021, working across Monday, Tuesday and alternative Wednesday.
The Service is community based and has been serving the children & families of Currimundi and surrounding area for many years. The Service has an inspiring environment inside and out, is very well resourced and operates a dynamic, nurturing play based program for Kindy aged children.
The role will require you to provide a quality educational program for the children and families in supporting positive outcomes for each individual child.
The ideal applicant will have previous experience in a similar role and the following key skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in forming on-going professional relationships with families and stakeholders from the Service Community.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and document a high quality, play based early childhood program.
- A commitment to best practice.
- A current understanding of National Quality Framework, Early Childhood Education and Care Legislation and the Assessment and Rating Process.
- A current understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, mentoring of staff and collaboration with colleagues from the ECEC Sector.
- A commitment to ongoing professional learning and personal growth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, demonstrate initiative and make decisions. (The position is well supported by staff from Lady Gowrie, the successful applicant will work autonomously in regards to the direct implementation of the daily program).
The following Qualifications are essential:
- Approved Early Childhood Teacher qualification (must meet ACECQA and QKFS requirements)
- Queensland College of Teachers Registration will be discussed on application
- Current Suitability Card or Exemption Card for Registered Teachers
- Current Senior First Aid including Asthma and Anaphylaxis training
- Current training in Child Protection preferred and can be discussed on application
The position commences Term One 2020 and further arrangements regarding the role and opportunities to meet with children and families will be discussed with the successful applicant on appointment.
Join the dynamic team at Lady Gowrie and enhance your career opportunities by forwarding your Covering Letter and Resume through to the Human Resource Department via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact 07 3252 2667 for further information.
We thank all candidates for their applications, however only those successful for an interview will be contacted.