An exciting opportunity exists for an experienced outside school hours care coordinator to join the team at The Tropical North Learning Academy (TNLA) – Trinity Beach State School Outside School Hours Care Service.
Situated in the beautiful Northern Beaches of Cairns, the TNLA Trinity Beach SS OSHC is operated by the P&C Association. We are licensed for 81 children and run a quality before school, after school and vacation care service for our community. There is a large potential for growth in our service, therefore this position provides a unique opportunity for an experienced coordinator to use their skills, knowledge and innovative ideas to build and expand the service.
We seek someone who is business orientated and community-minded with the ability to work autonomously. Applicants must be dedicated working collaboratively with their team to provide a safe, welcoming and enjoyable environment for our children and their families.
Requirements for the position
- A minimum Diploma of Children’s Services or relevant higher qualification
- Working with Children Check – Blue Card
- Senior first aid including CPR, emergency asthma management and anaphylaxis training
- Sound knowledge of Xplor, qikkids or other childcare management software system
- Provision of high quality childcare that meets licensing and accreditation standards
- Effective administration and financial management of our service
- Recruitment, training and management for of a team of up to 25 educators
- Developing and managing Children Services strategies including our Quality Improvement Plan, Strategic Inclusion Plan, service policies and procedures
- Oversee the design and implementation of engaging programs that encourage and support positive outcomes for children aligned to ‘My Time, Our Place’ Framework
- Build rapport with key stakeholders – families, team, suppliers, school personnel and the broader community to maintains the positive reputation of our service
- Lead with a flexible approach to new systems, technology and work requirements
- Organizational development which includes supporting your team and individuals to resolve problems and issues when they arise for a positive outcome
- Above award salary
- Access to professional development opportunities
- Flexible working environment with negotiable hours of work
- Guaranteed hours and job security
- Collaborative team environment
- Supportive and well established management structure
- Employee Assistance Programme – we care about our team and their welfare
How to apply
Please provide a current resume with 2 referees and a maximum 2 page written statement outlining your suitability for the role referring to key responsibilities to our Operations Manager Jodi Brown email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Monday 1st February 2021
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have professional child care experience?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework?
- Have you completed a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care?