Service Manager/Director – Kindergarten Position
- Rare opportunity to manage an established Kindy in Aspley, Qld
- Temporary 20Hr/Week, 6-month contract with possibility of extension
- Well above award salary packages
- Opportunity to grow and develop a highly reputable and well-established kindergarten
- Ongoing Professional development and training opportunities
C&K is a not-for-profit organisation which is recognised as one of Queensland’s leading bodies in the Early Childhood and Education sector. Since 1907, the organisation has grown and developed its social purpose agenda and now educates children in 360 centres which is comprised of both Childcare Centres and Kindergartens.
About the Opportunity:
C&K Aspley East Community Kindergarten is an affiliate kindergarten located on in the suburb of Aspley, established in 1966. Relationships are at the centre of our philosophy with all aspects of our centre operations and practice centring around the practices of deep and genuine listening. We have a strong place in our local community and work hard to maintain strong community relationships to continue growing and developing the centre. We believe that fun, laughter and friendship are the foundation of all learning relationships. These are values that we strive to embed in all aspects of our work with children, families and each other.
At C&K Aspley East Community Kindergarten, a rare position has become available for an experienced and qualified Director/Teacher to join the team commencing as soon as possible. This unique role features the provision of dedicated leadership/management time as well as the ability to relief in a teaching role if required. The Kindy is managed by a volunteer management committee and working with a committee previously is desirable.
The suitable applicant will have specific experience and passion in both teaching and directing roles and pride themselves on excellent interpersonal skills with a priority on relationships with children and families. Ability to guide the vision and direction of the centre with excellent leadership and management skills are essential.
The service is looking for someone who is highly motivated, armed with a creative vision to help the service continue its excellent work with children and families. Relationships with children, families and staff are our highest priority. The successful application will seek to continue the centre’s longstanding tradition of genuine partnerships with children and families.
You must be an approachable leader amongst the community of families, children and employees with a hands-on approach in managing the service and facilitating strong community relationships.
Ideal applicants will have:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood or equivalent (recognised by ACECQA as an early childhood teaching qualification).
- Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers prior to appointment. This registration must be renewed annually.
- Current Paid or Exemption Blue Card
- Current First Aid, CPR and Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Prior teaching and directing experience in an early childhood setting is desirable.
- Ability to plan and implement a quality, educational and child centered program drawing on relevant curriculum documents and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience managing, mentoring and supporting early childhood education and care services/programs to deliver high quality outcomes, and in building a capable and engaged workforce.
- Working with a Management Committee highly desirable
- Evidence of sound professional experience that shows initiative and strong sense of personal responsibility for meeting objectives, modelling of professional and ethical behaviour, commitment to personal development; and display or courage in the provision of advice and decision making.
We would like the successful candidate to commence as soon as possible until the end of the year with the possibility of extension.
This position represents a rare opportunity to manage an established Kindergarten and play a key role in its ongoing service.
C&K is committed to an inclusive workforce, and we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally-diverse backgrounds. All C&K employees are required to undergo background checks which includes police checks
Instructions for How to Apply
If this rare opportunity sounds like you, please apply now! Please contact Jacqui (Committee President): 0418708961 if you require any further information or submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 27th July, 2022