Your New Opportunity
Texas & District Kindergarten has an exciting opportunity available for a Teaching Assistant. This is an opportunity to work with a not for profit community Kindergarten that has been well established since 1958 and is affiliated with C & K. We actively promote the partnership between home and the Kindergarten, where parents and staff support each other to ensure the provision of the best possible learning environment for young children. “Where Children Come First”.
We are seeking someone with an enthusiastic and positive attitude towards the education and care of young children, with a commitment to continuing professional and personal development.
- Assisting the Teacher by preparing and maintaining equipment, materials and the environment as required.
- Supporting the Teacher by providing any feedback, information and issues of concern, which will contribute to the ongoing improvement of the program.
- To relate early childhood education theory to daily practice.
- To assist the Teacher in the delivery of a high quality, educational program, providing each child, with a secure nurturing environment.
- Support the team to create an environment that is inclusive, promotes competence, independence, exploration and learning through play.
- Communicate with the families about the child’s involvement in activities each day, under the direction of the Teacher.
- Diploma of Children’s Services or equivalent (preferred but not essential) or a Certificate III in Children’s Services 9Or studying towards).
- An ability to implement a planned program, ensuring the needs of individual children and the group are met.
- An ability to document observations of children’s behaviour and development.
- An ability to work as an effective team member and to support the Teacher.
- An ability to set and achieve work goals, yet maintain flexibility.
- Well-developed interpersonal oral and written communication skills.
- Previous working experience with 3 – 5 year old children is essential.
- Current Positive Notice Blue Card.
- Current First Aid Certificate including Anaphylaxis and Asthma.
Kindergarten program operates Mon and Weds.
Position involves 33hrs per fortnight.
Remuneration in line with EBA.
Job starts Monday 27th July 2020
Applications Close 5pm 26th June 2020.
Applications and inquiries to Shannon Teese (President) on 0429180682 or email firstname.lastname@example.org